Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:18 PM

homosociality

after many years of experience I am convinced that homosociality is the best way to go - I have lived with a group of males only -3-4 and seen females do the same and they do seem to be more compatible. they can share more common interests and don't seem to disagree so much. from a male perspective we don't care whether there are flowers in the house or ornaments need to be in one particular place, or the kitchen always needs to be clean and tidy.

some tribes on this planet share this view with males and females living separately and only getting together with a quick shack up!

the population figures would drop significantly and everyone I believe would be much happier. I am NOT suggesting that males and females should have no social interactions or sexual interactions but only for occasional recreational purposes!

in my opinion the garden of eden was the biggest mistake on this planet - set the tone for disaster and world population explosion, not to mention child abuse and domestic violence. Keeping man and women together in unholy matrimony sets the scene for social disaster!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:28 PM

Re: homosociality

There may be something in what you say, and yes there are some tribes which live like that but if there was no need for a relationship of some kind between men and women, it wouldn't mean that there would be less children, there would be more as people would be having sex with several others without having to comit in any form to any of them.
It would mean a tough life for women who would do all the caring and supporting of children solo.
It would be easy to deny any question of being a father or having to help in any way.
There would be no incentive for men to do any work if they only ever had themselves to care about and they would most lively move about a lot, leaving all kinds of problems in their wake.
You can see why marriage or stable relationships is part of society.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Back in the 60' and 70's all the couples in the family (the wife comes from a large family) got together at the weekends then we all would head off for a night out at a pub cabaret, all the women sat on one side of the large table and all the men at the other, this was the same procedure at all the tables, we only joined up with the women when it was time to go home.
Funny thing, the women all went to the toilet in two’s and three’s while a man wouldn’t dare go into the toilet with another man.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:52 PM

An intriguing title for a different train of thought. Gumbud, I do think you have a point. However it is a slippery slope. Same sex groups have distinctive and characteristic attributes. Romantic matters become different when some groups are living in close proximity. It’s a well known fact that women in prisons tend to coincide their menstrual cycles. Men ignore the advice of the ancient sage who warned “cast not thy gaze upon the beardless”. Raging hormones have a lot to answer for.
What tosh I do write.
Men love each others company, as tv sitcoms like to exploit.. Consider the YOUNG ONES, Rick, Vivian, Mike & Neil. Completely selfish ,self serving ignorant deluded bastards.
Take “Men behaving badly”, Neil Morrisey & Martin Clunes” Top Gear” Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May. Nuff said.
I think the ancient Romans & Greeks took same sex relations too far, developing it to an art form.
Queen Victoria was famous for refusing to be that women could care for each other. I have nothing further to say on this topic.
I wonder if this is anything to do with GUMBUDs point. Why is he up at this unearthly hour
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:59 PM

Could work for some people but I would hate to live with other women, only tried it a couple of times when my mum had to move in, when my sisters have needed a bed and it has driven me mad each time, MY kitchen and I don't like anyone moving things, MY living room just how I like it. Men IME don't care about things like that so leave things alone are happy to leave the washing up and putting away to me so it all goes where I want to live.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 04:22 PM

I like my solo life, the LAT living apart together seems to work for some.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 10:46 PM

Gawd, couldn't stand working with other women let alone living with them!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Gawd, couldn't stand working with other women let alone living with them!
Just had the evening from hell where I work with two of the women having fallen out, I agree not for me living with them too
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Two sisters, three daughters and women at work, bleh!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 02:11 PM

there seems to be a theme coming through here of women professing not to want to live with other women - I don't hear the same declaration from any men! - and the reason I am up at this 'ungodly hour' RJ is because I live in a cave upside down with other male bats!

i must admit I have noticed that women can be very bitchy together and that men don't seem to have the same propensity.

other theory is that women who live in more ancient cultures seem to get on well together and that the bitchy women arise from the squalor of modern societies?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top