Join for free
Page 78 of 79 « First < 28 68 76 77 78 79 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Re: What do you remember???

I remember respect.As a child all older people were Aunty/Uncle or Mr. and Mrs.Now I see 3 year olds calling elderly people by their first name which IMO puts them on the same level as ourselves and also IMO is wrong.Maybe its just me and im old fashioned

Yes Bonny darlin' I agree and like you am an old fashioned traditionalist. BTW, 'Respect' has been highjacked by George Galloway and is now the name of a political party.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I remember respect.As a child all older people were Aunty/Uncle or Mr. and Mrs.Now I see 3 year olds calling elderly people by their first name which IMO puts them on the same level as ourselves and also IMO is wrong.Maybe its just me and im old fashioned

Yes Bonny darlin' I agree and like you am an old fashioned traditionalist. BTW, 'Respect' has been highjacked by George Galloway and is now the name of a political party.
I had no children but I do know that I would have been a fair mother but a firm one in the respect area.The saying that children should be seen but not heard is a thing of the past.Funny but show me a nice child and they could bleed me dry but show me a spoilt, rude one...well pass.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 06:15 PM

I had no children but I do know that I would have been a fair mother but a firm one in the respect area.The saying that children should be seen but not heard is a thing of the past.Funny but show me a nice child and they could bleed me dry but show me a spoilt, rude one...well pass.....

Bonny darlin' - like you I do not suffer fools gladly and any spoilt brat of child is as likely to get swift clip round the ear from me and to hell with the PC brigade.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 06:23 PM

Bonny darlin' - like you I do not suffer fools gladly and any spoilt brat of child is as likely to get swift clip round the ear from me and to hell with the PC brigade.
Gotta agree totally and I also don't suffer fools gladly.Also yes I like to have a laugh but there's a fine line between total rudeness and just having a joke.That applies to the RW and online.The sad thing is there's alway's one isn't there
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-01-2012, 06:42 PM

The sad thing is there's alway's one isn't there

Bonny darlin' - its known as 'sod's law'!!!
Bonny
UK

20-01-2012, 06:46 PM

The sad thing is there's alway's one isn't there

Bonny darlin' - its known as 'sod's law'!!!
Oh tell me about it UJ
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-01-2012, 06:48 PM

AnnHoag
New Member!
United States
AnnHoag is female 

09-02-2017, 08:25 AM

Oh yes I remember that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 08:35 AM

I remember Shining like the Sun.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 08:48 AM

I remember going to infant school wearing the uniform a navy gymslip looking like a mini St Trinian

Page 78 of 79 « First < 28 68 76 77 78 79 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top