Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 01:57 PM

Re: Coronavirus Aftermath

I have a grocery order coming late afternoon today. Every item gets wiped down thoroughly with my gloves on before it goes on my shelves. Sainsbury’s have served me well for deliveries for 6 months now and I’m looking forward to the day when I will feel safe doing my own shopping again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you really have to go by bus Mags?
Haven't you a relative or neighbour that can take you?
We usually go by car Mups, but a few weeks ago some bright spark has decided to make the town and surrounding area car free, just buses, taxis and motor bikes allowed. We didn’t know about it until last week.

They have closed the main route into town and diverted the traffic elsewhere so we decided to go by bus (which I have been told are almost empty still) and the we can see which roads are allowing traffic through. I would rather do that than have Mr Mags driving around looking for somewhere to park and making us late for my appointment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We usually go by car Mups, but a few weeks ago some bright spark has decided to make the town and surrounding area car free, just buses, taxis and motor bikes allowed. We didn’t know about it until last week.

They have closed the main route into town and diverted the traffic elsewhere so we decided to go by bus (which I have been told are almost empty still) and then we can see which roads are allowing traffic through. I would rather do that than have Mr Mags driving around looking for somewhere to park and making us late for my appointment.

Oh I see. Difficult isn't it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have a grocery order coming late afternoon today. Every item gets wiped down thoroughly with my gloves on before it goes on my shelves. Sainsbury’s have served me well for deliveries for 6 months now and I’m looking forward to the day when I will feel safe doing my own shopping again.
Hope that day comes soon. Its been a horrible year, one we will never forget.

Xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 06:54 PM

I am not going anywhere or mixing with people any time soon. Since February i have been to get my prescription from outside the Doctors and to my son's house which has been perfect for isolating with a large covered terrace and bifold doors into the kitchen so I can sit outside and talk to everyone inside until the bad weather comes.

I am still cutting my own hair.

At my age with my health problems I won't be taking any chances, everyone else can do what they like .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 11:59 AM

I haven't locked myself away but I certainly haven't been anywhere worth mentioning either and I am getting a bit fed up. Instead of daily shopping I have restricted it to when I run out of milk.

In April/May I was going to drive up to Darwin for a few weeks but with the borders closed it was not possible and I am limited to NSW still as the Queensland border reclosed a couple of weeks ago.

It is really too cold to enjoy NSW at the moment but spring is only a week away and, hopefully, so is warmer weather. I am thinking that the Central West and as far as Broken Hill might be as far as I can get this spring unless the SA and NT borders are opened to NSW residents.

Next weekend I am going to Canberra to see my grandsons play footie and visit my kids, my first trip over 200km since the pandemic began.

I really need to get out more.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 08:23 PM

I am awed by all this .
We have been careful .
I have been doing all the shopping but now Mr M has ventured out a couple of times wearing a mask but I don’t wipe the shopping down .
On Friday I went Out walking out with a walking group ( small)
It was nice to talk to some different people .
I think being out in the air it’s safer .
I hate not being able to travel .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 08:40 PM

In terms of shopping I now don't get so anxious as they have stricter hygiene throughout the supply chain. So chances of catching covid from a shop are pretty slim compared with March/April.
BEZ
New Member!
Dorset United Kingdom
BEZ is female 

02-09-2020, 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure I had the virus at the beginning of March - didn't have it's name then. I was quite ill for a couple of weeks and was left with extreme exhaustion for another week or so. I wondered why I didn't have it as bad as some - I have asthma - but heard on the TV yesterday that if there has been some other infection before that than the antibodies from that would help to make it less. Three weeks before that I had some other 'lurgy' so that was probably why I got off lightly - kind of......

I don't have any proof that it was corona - would like a test but still a bit pricey.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 05:01 PM

I've given up wiping groceries, it's too tiring.
I have an Asda order coming tonight. I wasn't able to get Sainsburys or Morrisons to deliver over lockdown so I'm not giving them my money now! Tesco have put their charge up to £4.50 on all slots so not ordering from them. My Asda delivery harge is only £1.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top