Join for free
Page 379 of 391 « First < 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 > Last »
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:04 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Originally Posted by Hermione ->
Thanks Jem we think so too, she is newly diagnosed with Dyslexia so we are trying to broaden her experience and nuture things she enjoys and is good at.. her Dad is a cartoonist (amateur) and does amazing drawings so he is a good influence and often takes her to galleries to explore.
She may well inherit her Dad's talent, being dyslexic and artistic often go together.
Do still encourage her to read stories, in her own time and with no pressure as the more she reads the easier it will get and she will develop her own way of learning.
I have a dyslexic child who went on to do a degree, she said that all the reading she had to do at uni was a breakthrough though she didn't actually learn to read until she was 10.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:06 PM

How I love a Thursday. Its now my Friday . Today I've gotten used to that idea!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
Almost decided to step out of my flat for the first time this week. If I do it will be just a five minute walk to Aldi and back. It was not something I would have thought about me only a very few short years ago, but these days ever more so, I think I am becoming a recluse.

It's easy to become a recluse in this cold and miserable month of January, I feel a bit that way too and only went out to get a bit of food shopping today also. Hopefully it will get better as spring approaches.
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 09:14 PM

Thanks Anita its good to hear others experiences. She does find reading a bit of a struggle but mostly it tires her I suppose its the concentrating that makes her tired. Since her diagnosis at least the school are cutting her some slack and allowing her more time for things which has taken the pressure off her. Its good to know that things will improve and she will do well despite it.
Anita
Midlands, UK

22-01-2015, 09:43 PM

Often it's the pressure that causes the stress and when a child is stressed they can't learn.
The amount of concentration it takes for a dyslexic child to read is huge and they have to learn to read in a completely different way to people who are not dyslexic. Those who are not dyslexic learn to 'speed read' recognising a word without looking at each letter but a dyslexic child has to look at each letter and it takes a long time to learn to recognise words. They rely heavily on phonetics.
Then there is the added problem that the letters can appear to move and not stay in the same place in the letter. That is not the case with everyone but with some children.

The best thing is for them to grow up confident in their own great abilities and believing in themselves.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 06:22 PM

Well I've just watched The Hobbit in Russian . never understood a word , surprisingly
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
Well I've just watched The Hobbit in Russian . never understood a word , surprisingly
You got the jest of it though
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 06:27 PM

I went a walk today along the river bank came back covered in mud,my new trainers need washing now .I didn't honestly think it would be that bad ,but it looked like a herd of Elephants had trampled there .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 02:37 PM

Played with my iPad in bed and elsewhere

'tis a useful bit of kit
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Played with my iPad in bed and elsewhere

'tis a useful bit of kit
Alright for sum. I've been up early finishing off a bank of shops. Doing another lot now regarding computers.

Wanna see the latest bank of shops?

Page 379 of 391 « First < 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top