Join for free
Page 390 of 391 « First < 290 340 380 388 389 390 391 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 04:55 PM

Re: Today I have .........

You're a good ol boy OB and no mistake
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 09:03 PM

Today,I bought a rack of ribs,made a bbq sauce,cut the ribs into singles,marinaded them...and at this moment,they're in the oven getting all edible and yummy....ready for drizzling the honey over.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 06:35 PM

Today my Son, the FIl and myself went to the Cosford Airshow, we have attended every year since 1990, I am sure old Father Time will make sure the line up is changed in due course.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 09:03 PM

Today me son sent me a tracking number for a monitor he ordered for me from a well known online company, I haven’t a clue how the tracking thing works, first when I put the number in it said it was the wrong number, after many tries the son pasted it into an email and low and behold up it comes. Talk about around the world in 80 days! It’s amazing all the places a package goes before you get, does everyone get a slice of the postage cake?

Tracking information on one computer monitor. Left SPAIN 25/6/05. Arrived Savigny Le Temple FRANCE 27/6/05. Left there 27/6/05. Arrived Chilly Mazarin FRANCE 29/6/05.( they mustn’t fly anywhere at the weekends in France) Left there 29/6/05. Arrived Tamworth, UK. 7.35 PM 29/6/05.
It wouldn't surprise me if it went on to Belfast tomorrow, then probably down to Shannon before it eventually arrives in Dublin, it seems theres no such thing as "As the Crow flies" with cargo planes, I always thought it was just a matter of sticking it in a plane and sending it on, there are a dozen or more direct flights from Dublin to Spain everyday now. Come to think it I didn't even know the thing was made in Spain, Still it’s good to know it's in these Isles.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:01 PM

Today, first I had a man call to look at a job I need doing.
Flippin' next doors tree roots are lifting my fence up, so this man is going to come and saw them off and reset the fence.

After he'd gone, I had to take my old Pips to the vets. Got myself all in a state thinking she may not be coming home again this time (she's 17) - but she has, bless her heart

After that I bathed young Nellie quickly, then took her with me for a dog grooming lesson.

Then later this afternoon I was pruning some plants and didn't notice in time that one of my fingers was in the pruner blades They are new pruners and very sharp, and I nearly took the top of my finger off. Had to go to a neighbour to help me bandage it as I couldn't do it one handed and couldn't stop it bleeding. Hope it heals alright, its throbbing a bit tonight.

Tomorrow I've got to visit the dentist. Not my favourite way to start the day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:30 PM

This afternoon I opened up the Word document of the novel wot I wrote (still writing) and have not long put it to bed. Which is where I should be.

Probably done more than 4000 words and I'm extremely pleased at how its doing. Haven't worked on it for months now (think February was the last time). Will be going to bed buzzing with ideas now it's taken a different turn.

*gives self a pat on the back*

Night night.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 08:40 AM

Oh wow Jazzi I didn't know you were writing a novel.
I hope you get it published.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh wow Jazzi I didn't know you were writing a novel.
I hope you get it published.
That is my dream, Carol. However it's been a work in progress for over 25 years! The opening chapter was a submision of a short story during my creative writing class. I put it away for ten years or so, brought it back out and thought 'hmm, this could go on to a novel' and continued with it.

Been very lazy over the years.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Today,I have been down the lane to see my old mucker Chris,with whom I used to drive left-hookers to Russia in the days when it was a bit 'iffy'. He's had a MASSIVE cancerous tumour taken out and his bum sewn up,so he's in a spot of discomfort....but as I walked in and greeted his daughter,who I've not met before,she shrieked "You're PUG!" and leaped to the window [it's a BIG wide window] where all his 'get well' cards are....and there,in pride of place in the centre,is MY card....which Hazel read aloud to the room [there were several people there]...and it started "Oh,you LAZY little shit! You'll find ANY excuse to say in bed!"....and descended rapidly in tone from there...

Oh,ffs! I did NOT expect it to be read aloud in front of an audience-ever!
I just decided Chris'd have a myriad of 'Boo-hoo,thinking of you' type cards-so I got him one with a naked granny on the front and my very best calligraphy inside! But Hazel [his daughter] said that as she opened it and started to read it at Chris's bedside post-op,he said [in a very weak voice,which he still has] "That's Pug" before she'd spoken more than ten words and he actually laughed! So,just MAYBE,laughter IS the best medicine?...

DAMNED good to have him back,though.
He's m'main man-we've been through it together,and I rate him.
[but don't tell him I said so]
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:09 PM

That was a good read PUG ,I hope your friend makes a good recovery ..

Page 390 of 391 « First < 290 340 380 388 389 390 391 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top