Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 06:35 PM

Re: Dodgy sellers..

Going back to Carol’s choice of patio cleaner. What I want to know is, if the third party gets it direct from the manufacturer, given the brand name, what chance do they have of diluting it? Surely the manufacturer itself could be blamed for that? I would expect to receive a sealed bottle of whatever I bought.

I have today collected a pot of Plaque Off, for Holly’s teeth. Cheaper than PaH, and far easier for me to get, as I had it delivered to a local convenience store, a Hub. Similarly someone elsewhere has recommended a spray for sealing cuts. It is usually sold in Lloyds Pharmacy, or maybe Tesco’s. My nearest Lloyds is Gt Yarmouth, and I have already shopped in Tesco’s this week. So it looks like Amazon could win on that purchase.

I agree with the ‘buyer beware’ clause.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 06:43 PM

Sorry you are having a bad go of it, Carol. My review of Amazon is that, in general, products are more expensive as a trade-off for fast delivery. As such, my purchases are typically for unusual items that I can't find locally. I've only had one item arrive that wasn't as described, but my account was credited for the refund within an hour of it being scanned at my local post office for return. I thought that was pretty good customer service. It would be better to have returns picked up from my front door in the same way that they are delivered.

It sure seems to be a convenient service though this pandemic, but I too notice that complaints are on the increase.

My concerns about Amazon are more about the treatment of the workers.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 07:13 PM

Hi

Amazon is a relatively new experience for me.

Heart issues mean being unable to drive for two thirds of the time.

Amazon Prime has worked for me.

I agree their working conditions are not something I would support, but needs must.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Caveat emptor.
It does something to me when you speak in Latin, Todger. It's just so sexy.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It does something to me when you speak in Latin, Todger. It's just so sexy.
LOL! (actually I very nearly did!). I bet you say that to all old men!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by harbal ->
it does something to me when you speak in latin, todger. It's just so sexy.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I bet you say that to all old men!
Only since I became one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Going back to Carol’s choice of patio cleaner. What I want to know is, if the third party gets it direct from the manufacturer, given the brand name, what chance do they have of diluting it? Surely the manufacturer itself could be blamed for that? I would expect to receive a sealed bottle of whatever I bought.

I have today collected a pot of Plaque Off, for Holly’s teeth. Cheaper than PaH, and far easier for me to get, as I had it delivered to a local convenience store, a Hub. Similarly someone elsewhere has recommended a spray for sealing cuts. It is usually sold in Lloyds Pharmacy, or maybe Tesco’s. My nearest Lloyds is Gt Yarmouth, and I have already shopped in Tesco’s this week. So it looks like Amazon could win on that purchase.

I agree with the ‘buyer beware’ clause.
Dog toothpaste is one item I found to be poor quality on Amazon. I would only buy petfood and pharmacy products on amazon if desperate. Some catfood went off quickly. You can't trust the storage conditions. Amazon are great if you need something in a hurry but after bad experiences I order pharmaceuticals directly from boots or Lloyds or the supermarket if available.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

25-04-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Dog toothpaste is one item I found to be poor quality on Amazon.
What criteria do you use to evaluate dog toothpaste, Annie? I didn't know there was such a thing. I have never owned a dog that would have acquiesced to any attempt to brush its teeth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
What criteria do you use to evaluate dog toothpaste, Annie? I didn't know there was such a thing. I have never owned a dog that would have acquiesced to any attempt to brush its teeth.
Well it's a bit like when you leave a pot of paint in the shed and the emulsion separates into a goo and a runny clear liquid. The toothpaste was curdled when it should be a smooth paste.

Teddy is trained to have his teeth brushed. He knows there's a treat at the end. I wouldn't say it was easy at the beginning but he is a breed that needs extra care with teeth as they are prone to decay so I had to persevere. He likes the taste of the toothpaste so that helps.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top