Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 10:09 PM

Re: Dodgy sellers..

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Teddy is trained to have his teeth brushed. He knows there's a treat at the end.
I suspected there would be a treat at the end. There usually is with dogs.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Going back to Carol’s choice of patio cleaner. What I want to know is, if the third party gets it direct from the manufacturer, given the brand name, what chance do they have of diluting it? Surely the manufacturer itself could be blamed for that? I would expect to receive a sealed bottle of whatever I bought.

I don't think they would buy it from the manufacturer Jazzi. I believe that whoever supplies this inferior stuff get the empty containers from somewhere & fill them up with cheap stuff.

This is often done with beauty creams and other stuff - yet the containers look the same.

Why not with patio cleaners?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
On Amazon!!

Recently I read that a lot of the sellers on Amazon are selling diluted or poor quality goods.

I myself have had 3 events in the past 2 weeks to verify this.

One was a frying pan splatter guard which came in perfect packaging but when I undid it, the mesh was bent & the frame a little bit twisted. It didn't sit flat over the frying pan.

I complained & got a replacement.

My other faulty item was a metal filing cabinet. It had a small dent in the corner. I contacted the sellers suggesting they give me a small discount to save us all the hassle of returning it.

They refused at first but when I told them "If you want a good review on Amazon you'd better offer me a discount" They knocked me £10 off which isn't much really but better than nothing...

My point it: I believe they send faulty goods to internet customers in order to get rid of them. Some people wouldn't have bothered about a tiny dent but I did.

Just today on Amazon I went to order Pro -Kleen patio cleaner as I do every year - it's brilliant.
I was surprised to read some negative reviews - some said it wasn't as good as it used to be.

I am wondering if maybe the seller had diluted it?..

With this in mind I went to look for it elsewhere & finally ordered it from the Pro -Kleen website. At least now I should be getting the genuine thing.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with Amazon & do you still trust them?
Bought a Hamilton Beach single milkshake maker - what a disaster! Never again...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top