Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 11:56 AM

Do You Have A Canteen Of Cutlery?

Some years ago, I bought a beautiful George Butler/Guy Degrenne canteen of cutlery. It’s never been out of the case.

I tend to use another not as good set of cutlery, or one of those that come in a six piece set in a wooden holder.

It seems a shame that we sometimes buy really nice stuff and more or less keep them as ornaments. They seem too nice to use!

Is there something nice you own but have never used it.

Maybe, you are keeping it, in the event the Queen drops in for a meal?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Re: Do You Have A Canteen Of Cutlery?

Things like posh cutlery don't interest me I'm afraid, Art.

I suppose it's nice if you have lots of dinner parties, but I don't.
As long as I've got a clean knife and fork, that's enough for me.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:02 PM

I inherited from my MIL some lovely Royal Worcester china. Kept adding to it from eBay and now have full dinner service plus tea set. Dinner service only comes out at Christmas (and didn't in 2020) and only used the tea set once. Such a shame.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:03 PM

My Cutlery all came from Habitat, bone china handles.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:07 PM

Hi

I have a huge Royal Doulton Dinner Service.

It was my fathers, a retirement present.

I use it at Christmas.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:10 PM

I dont keep anything for special times, everything I have that I bought as special is used daily . I remember a lady who kept special ( maybe expensive) things for certain use died and they went to relatives or charity shops .

Every day is special

Sorry just realised the heading and didnt want to go off topic . Yes I have a canteen of cutlery and it's used daily, the box thrown away years ago and everything is in the kitchen drawer
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:13 PM

We got a canteen of silver cutler as a wedding present thirty-seven years ago. Apart from checking it out, the box has never been opened or the cutlery used. The cutlery is posher than I am.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:15 PM

We had a canteen of cutlery many years ago, but its contents are now in the cutlery drawer and used on a daily basis.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:26 PM

Yes, but NEVER been used by us. It's very old and (I think) Russian. Inherited of course. Otherwise just some "irons" bought from Timothy Whites - remember them?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:51 PM

we bought Viners sable as we could afford, such as first 6 knives later 6 forks etc until we had a complete set. No way could we afford them all at once

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top