Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Re: Things that go bump in the night...

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I believe there is a natural explanation for the so called 'paranormal'. Having said that I have had plenty of experience of really weird situations, first in my childhood home, and then in our previous property.
I agree with you
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I did believe in ghosts, saw one once, or thought I did, a friend was with me & she saw it too. Since then never seen another.

In my sun lounge I often hear noises, scrabbling in the walls & under the floor, I think some sort of furry rodent has go in under the floor & is trying to live there. I bang hard, on either the walls or the floor, depending where the noise is coming from & it usually stops, for a while anyway.
I think a rodent is a safe bet.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-04-2021, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Yes, I believe there are such things. I'm highly sceptical of so-called ghostly sightings on TV and FB, but I don't doubt there's something going on with some encounters. I tend to think there's some kind of time slip - rather like tectonic plates or something, where for an instant you catch a glimpse of another time. There again, I would probably have believed in the Cottingley fairies when I first saw them, if they hadn't all sported the same early 1920s hair styles of the day!
Thank you, that’s insightful
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 04:05 PM

I believe there is a natural explanation for the so called 'paranormal'. Having said that I have had plenty of experience of really weird situations, first in my childhood home, and then in our previous property.
Infrasound, especially around 17 - 19 Hz, has been experimentally proven to induce hallucinations in many people.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 04:07 PM

The Foreign Office commissioned a film about our previous property where the strangest things happened on an almost a daily basis for 11 of the 15 years we lived there. An American film company would have paid us many thousands of £s to also make a film of the 'activity', but we turned them down as we were not happy at the way they were going to present it. It could be very annoying, but it didn't scare us as we don't believe in the paranormal and were always looking for a natural explanation. There were quite a number of independent witness to the goings on there.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 04:40 PM

The Foreign Office commissioned a film about our previous property where the strangest things happened on an almost a daily basis for 11 of the 15 years we lived there. An American film company would have paid us many thousands of £s to also make a film of the 'activity', but we turned them down as we were not happy at the way they were going to present it. It could be very annoying, but it didn't scare us as we don't believe in the paranormal and were always looking for a natural explanation. There were quite a number of independent witness to the goings on there.
Pffft! I would have taken the money then moved.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 04:48 PM

Well we would not do that.

We moved eventually because the large property was getting too much for me to cope with after my husband's illness. We still had our adopted Down's Syndrome son living with us too. We needed to downsize to something smaller without so much land attached.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:54 AM

I have heard many a bump in the night, but none that could be attributed to ghosties and ghoulleys.

We used to have a ghostly face appear on a wall at work, but that was just formed by bits of kit and pipework viewed in certain light.

I was out with two friends on our motorbikes one summer evening when we rode through a cold spot formed in a very shallow dip in the road. All three of us felt the sudden drop in temperature but we just assumed it was cold air perhaps from a stream flowing across the road.

I once came across a cold spot when out walking my dog near where the ghost of three nun's were supposed to appear. It was dark and starlit, so just enough light to see the road, when I saw a darker shape amongst the darkness, but again it was near a stream, and the brain interprets all sorts of shapes as things it knows so I don't believe it was a ghost.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:58 AM

Yes I do

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09...odes/downloads

For those interested above link to The Battersea Poltergeist on BBC radio 4 . A number of episodes investigating the haunting of 63 Wycliffe Rd Battersea London in 1954
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 11:17 AM

Reminded me of a story I heard a few days ago where an Alexa echo dot suddenly blurted out 'There's a ghost in your house'..... Right out of the blue like.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top