Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Re: I'm getting new neighbours......

That's great news Merz, how lucky is that?

We, on the other hand, are going to have two sets of new neighbours in the near future. On one side, the elderly gentleman has gone to a flat as he lives on his own and the house is far too big for him to maintain. I felt really sorry for him as he's been living there for 60 years and he was quite sad when he told us he'd moved out. The house is going up for auction.

I said to my OH, people are going to think that there's something wrong with us as the houses either side of us will be up for sale!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I had never heard of a Lancashire Heeler before, so I Googled it - a nice little dog but I get the impression that it should have had longer legs!
They do look like they need longer legs Mags. Don't know too much about them, but apparently some can be quite snappy. Think they were used for herding (will have to look this up)-maybe that's why they like ankles!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
That's great news Merz, how lucky is that?

We, on the other hand, are going to have two sets of new neighbours in the near future. On one side, the elderly gentleman has gone to a flat as he lives on his own and the house is far too big for him to maintain. I felt really sorry for him as he's been living there for 60 years and he was quite sad when he told us he'd moved out. The house is going up for auction.

I said to my OH, people are going to think that there's something wrong with us as the houses either side of us will be up for sale!
I'm very lucky Carmen. That's sad about your elderly neighbour having to give up his home, that must have been a hard decision for him to make after living there all those years. Hopefully he will get used to living in a flat-life will be much easier for him not having to look after a large house.

Maybe you'll have to stop having those wild parties if you're driving your neighbours away! Seriously though, I hope you're as lucky as I am and get good neighbours.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Maybe you'll have to stop having those wild parties if you're driving your neighbours away! Seriously though, I hope you're as lucky as I am and get good neighbours.
Wild parties?? I wish The other neighbours that are moving won't be missed much because they have teenage boys (say no more) and a very yappy dog, which quite often yaps when they've gone to bed (they don't allow it upstairs at all).

Having said that though, you never know who you're going to get in their place. Just hope we're lucky.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 10:22 AM

It is important to have good neighbours, it makes life much easier if you get along. I do have good ones, thankfully and count myself lucky.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Good neighbours are very important, particularly when you're getting on in years. We have really good ones and it's good that we now have the time to watch out for one another more.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 01:17 PM

I'm delighted for you Merz, it can be a big worry wondering who your going to get next door, bad neighbours can make your life miserable.
A friend of mine was so unlucky with neighbours over the years that he sold his old house and built this place out in the country.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Lovely news Merz. They sound like a caring couple and I'm sure it won't take long before the dogs ignore each other
A great weight lifted, I think.

(very funny Jimmy)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 05:18 PM

yes they are nice dogs if a bit nosey and of course noisy.Hattigirl may like having a friend,Phoebe completely ignores lottie next door as Lottie would rip her to shreds but phee just tosses her head and runs hell for leather down the grass to the car.She looks at me and things common little dog!You see Phoebe is a Whalley girl and a bit of a snob.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 05:28 PM

Told you I would buck up and what better way to do it than by celebrating the next door neighbours putting their house up for sale. They are the most miserable people on earth,always trying to get something for nothing,never a word of thanks if any-one helps them,ignoramus was the word chosen for them.Scrap that Grumpy column, annie is on the up.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top