Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:32 PM

What music/artist etc. do you enjoy

Just wondering what music etc you enjoy-I love Country and Western (even if my brother always tells me its depressing)-people like Kenny Rogers-Dolly Parton-etc.etc. My favourite singer of all time is Tina Turner-been to three of her concerts the last one being at the Manchester Evening News Arena in March this year. She was brilliant-hope I am as fit as she is when I'm 70 which she will be in November. Thinking about it she's old enough to join this Forum Also like any music that I can sing to when I'm ironing.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Re: What music/artist etc. do you enjoy

We ought to ask Tina to join us!!!

I like Lindisfarne, James Taylor, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, The Incredible String Band, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Gerry Rafferty, Pentangle, Fairport Convention, Bryan Adams and Queen.

A while ago on Catsey, a member recommended Spotify as a good source of free music on the web. I would like to pass this recommendation on to anyone here who likes music of any sort. You can join and have a Premium membership or have it free with some adverts.

On the radio, mainly listen to Classic FM.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
We ought to ask Tina to join us!!!

I like Lindisfarne, James Taylor, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, The Incredible String Band, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Gerry Rafferty, Pentangle, Fairport Convention, Bryan Adams and Queen.

A while ago on Catsey, a member recommended Spotify as a good source of free music on the web. I would like to pass this recommendation on to anyone here who likes music of any sort. You can join and have a Premium membership or have it free with some adverts.

On the radio, mainly listen to Classic FM.
Forgot about radio-I listen to Smooth Radio FM-they play lots of records I know and can sing along to
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:50 PM

I love all sorts, from classical to jungle

The only music I'm not really keen on is where there's 'harsh' guitars, like some heavy metal :-/
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:52 PM

"jungle" Azz? I'm MUCH too old to even have heard of that!!!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 09:43 PM

Rock is the genre for me - love Genesis, Pink Floyd, Boston, Journey etc.

Am also a complete devotee of The Beatles - for me, the greatest band in the world.

claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

My favourite band is Muse (you`d hate them Azz)
R & B, early Stones and Led Zeppelin, and folk.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

08-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
My favourite band is Muse (you`d hate them Azz)
R & B, early Stones and Led Zeppelin, and folk.
Used to like the Stones in my youth-much to the disgust of my parents who thought they were rude
angieh
Hampshire, UK

09-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Used to like the Stones in my youth-much to the disgust of my parents who thought they were rude
So did mine! Probably in the days before decent headphones - everyone had to suffer!!! I am now much happier, I can listen to what I want safely tucked up under my headphones. Trouble is, I now get laughed at when I sing along, and who can't fail to sing along with great music, but of course completely out of tune!!!!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
But that was the point wasn`t it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top