Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 06:26 AM

Re: Claim Your UK State Pension Early

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I quite agree Julie one contemptible compassion-less human being.
Hey VM, don't pull your punches with me, just say what you think...
It may comfort you to know, however, that in spite of you think or say about me, it won't affect my opinion of you.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 08:58 AM

Eliza, you're relatively lucky. Mrs. Grumble was born at the end of '53 and she whill probably have to wait till she is 100 !.. I'm just wondering about sending a bill to the government for the lost pension. We will never vote Tory again.

At least we have our bus passes at 60 and a lot ofother things are free in Scotland.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Eliza, you're relatively lucky. Mrs. Grumble was born at the end of '53 and she whill probably have to wait till she is 100 !.. I'm just wondering about sending a bill to the government for the lost pension. We will never vote Tory again.

At least we have our bus passes at 60 and a lot ofother things are free in Scotland.
I'm in the same position! I even paid a further two years contributions to make sure I had 40 years in total (one year was just ONE WEEK short!) - then they reduced the number of years needed to 35!! State Pension delayed, no bus pass, no winter fuel allowance...........that's about £25,000! .............and by the time I qualify for the state pension, bus passes and winter fuel allowance will be a thing of the past!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Phew this thread got me worried so I have been looking. It seems I get mine at 65(born October 1953). I didn`t work for many years but always paid a voluntary contribution.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 10:57 AM

I'll be 67 before I get my state pension. Ten years away and feels like an eternity. I'll get my free bus pass in three years and I'm looking forward to that. That's if it still exists.....................
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Got a funny feeling a lot of us will be dead before we get any sort of pension, the plan is working I guess.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 11:58 AM

I've had the same feeling myself!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 04:06 PM

I'm afraid the pension nettle was one that someone sometime had to grasp, as we are all living too long thanks to our excellent health care system and there soon won't be enough people working to support us without them destituting themselves.

Thank goodness the conservative party had the courage to grasp it in spite of the opprobium that it would bring but wasn't it ever thus, labour bring us to the brink of penuary buying votes with taxpayers cash, and then the conservatives are voted in to bring some sanity back to the nation's housekeeping and are hated for it.

The mind boggles at the fickle nature of electorates.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 04:38 PM

Not fair IMO of those of us who had the rules changed after so many years though, would have been perfectly fair to have said from now on and named a date while people were still at school, leaving it so many of us have no time to make a slight bit of difference to our retirements was as I said every unfair.

And don't quote sex equality because when I wanted that I had hoped men could also retire at 60 so they could enjoy a bit of retirement before death too.

What we have now despite people supposedly living longer is many people won't and will die at work. Waiting to see what they do when that starts happening - we had a heart attack last year and he is still spoken of in hushed tones as many of us thought he should have been retired a couple of years before he died at work.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 05:23 PM

It was always something i found strange, that women who tend to live longer got a pension 5 years earlier than men.

I had planned to retire from work this year with my mortgage paid. Life had other plans, my retirement age is still 65 in 2018, but i know i will never see it.

Would love a chance to get my mitts upon my pension pot, not going to happen.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top