Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Same old sameold.
Meanwhile the tectonic plates are moving...

Reality is finally hitting Brexit in the solar plexus and the voices of those who will be most seriously affected are finally speaking out.
The old ideologies of freedom and sovereignty were never as important as putting the bread on the table that fuels such energy.

Instead of the cabinet pulling in one direction, the more this goes on the more severe the gap is. Davis is now considering resigning and the vast number of opinion polls all agree that since July last year, the majority of people want to stay in the EU.
The pile of cans down the road is piling up and time is running out.
According to EU law you will leave in March.
According to practising EU law you won't be gone until AT LEAST 2020 and probably further along than that. You will end up in the Customs Union and most likely in the Single Market but with no say.

So why not do yourselves a favour and withdraw A50 and keep your place in decision making of the conditions upon which you will be trading and the nature of the EU which is right now undergoing many reforms?

You can refuse to see the benefits of the EU but you cannot pretend Ireland does not exist.

In the end you will all come to learn to love the EU. LOLOL.
In your dreams.

The EU is hated in France almost as much as the UK......

The clock is ticking and the EU's time is past !
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Moscow, the EU is very solidly united right now.
Even the right wing parties which have had success in recent elections do not want to leave the EU...maybe because they see the mess they could get into.
Even Marine LePen has dropped her platform to leave the EU.
They want to reform the EU because situations have changed.

A pity you threw the baby out with the bathwater or you too could have gained reforms you wanted..
There are EU elections next year. Be prepared to see many new reforms reflecting the up to date needs of the EU.

BTW do stop exaggerating. More people now want to stay in the EU in the UK than leave. That is hardly proof of hatred for the EU is it?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:16 AM

I hear that the government would like to change the phrase "Brexit Means Brexit!", slightly, to be more in line with current MP requests.

Favourite seems to be "Brexit means Brick It"

Where the words "Brick it" are defined here:-

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=brick%20it

Careful folks, "Brick it" is not "Cricket"!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:21 AM

Same old sameold.
Meanwhile the tectonic plates are moving...
Red list.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
In your dreams.

The EU is hated in France almost as much as the UK......

The clock is ticking and the EU's time is past !
I'm not so sure.

The Frogs, like the Germans, are benefiting from the EU.

Those who are suffering, for various reasons, are the Mediterranean countries. I suspect that the next to follow us out will be one of them.

The East Europeans are happy to remain nett beneficiaries, but refuse to kowtow to EU directives, and good for them!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:42 AM

BTW do stop exaggerating. More people now want to stay in the EU in the UK than leave. That is hardly proof of hatred for the EU is it?
To me, it depends who those "people" are.

Are they immigrants, keen to stay, or are they EU citizens, enjoying our hospitality?

Are they people who actually voted Brexit and thought the Government would go with democracy?

Are they people who are just fed up with all of the ways that tree trunks have been thrown across the lines to which they aspired?

Who did your survey?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Hi

There is no other EU Member State anywhere near leaving, even the Ultra Right, who are winning elections are not proposing to leave.

They are staying in and telling the EU to get lost on certain things.

Nothing happens to them.

Cameron went and asked nicely for permission to slightly change some things, the EU said no.

Austria did not bother to ask, it just did far more than Cameron asked for and is just completely ignoring the wails from Brussels.

They know nothing will happen to them.

Merkel is in serious trouble at the moment, her Coalition is breaking down, again over Immigration.

Meanwhile, here in the UK.

JRM's company is opening a branch in Ireland and it has warned of the risks of Brexit.

Lord Lawson, a leading Brexiteer, former chair of Vote Leave, has now applied for permanent residency in France.

The French are having a field day with that, so is Brussels.

Andy Wigmore, spokesperson for Leave EU, has announced he is leaving the UK to live in Belize.

It is becoming very confusing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
To me, it depends who those "people" are.

Who did your survey?
To me, it depends on whether the survey is real or a figment of someone's imagination.

There's so much conjecture and rubbish being talked that I don't take any notice any more.

There's nothing I can do either, other than withdraw my vote according to the outcome, so why bother talking about it?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

18-06-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

JRM's company is opening a branch in Ireland and it has warned of the risks of Brexit.

Lord Lawson, a leading Brexiteer, former chair of Vote Leave, has now applied for permanent residency in France.

The French are having a field day with that, so is Brussels.

Andy Wigmore, spokesperson for Leave EU, has announced he is leaving the UK to live in Belize.

It is becoming very confusing.
Once we have left, I think that you'll find that these people who are threatening to leave the UK will have an instant change of mind,...and decide to stay.

After all, the threat of leaving is just a deliberate attempt to mount further Remainer pressure on the government.

They know that the trade will still be there.

They know that they want to live here.

Watch this space!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Once we have left, I think that you'll find that these people who are threatening to leave the UK will have an instant change of mind,...and decide to stay.

After all, the threat of leaving is just a deliberate attempt to mount further Remainer pressure on the government.

They know that the trade will still be there.

They know that they want to live here.

Watch this space!

Hi

All three that I named are ardent Brexiteers.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top