Join for free
Page 149 of 190 « First < 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:22 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Sounds and looks like a great holiday Bob. ..have a safe journey home
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Sounds and looks like a great holiday Bob. ..have a safe journey home
Thanks Summer, said goodbye to a few friends this morning who were leaving before us. Probably see them next year because we have already booked....

My last run this morning, and my last pull up the only hill that gives me nightmares.... Question is; will I still be able to climb the monster next year..? The hill remains the same, but I'll be another year older..

I felt so good this morning that I included a lap of the monument at Jerberg, as well as providing an excellent view over St Peter Port, it also adds a mile on to my route making it a cool seven....

Luckily, the rain didn't start until after breakfast, but it meant I could make full recovery after sitting in the lounge until lunchtime; It's the only place you can obtain a decent Wi-Fi signal, but with so many people coming and going and wanting a chat, you get very little done...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Foxy shall I tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree? Safe journey to you both.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy shall I tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree? Safe journey to you both.
That would be 'Banging' Sweetie Pie.....see you on the other side.....x....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That would be 'Banging' Sweetie Pie.....see you on the other side.....x....
Absolutely Foxy. Don't be sad, you will have this thread to look back on in the Autumn.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Absolutely Foxy. Don't be sad, you will have this thread to look back on in the Autumn.

Now that's worth coming home for Sweetie......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Bob, all good things must come to an end, but quelling the let down has to be made better with next year's reservations. Were I a betting woman, I would say you will be ascending those hills with the same amount of determination and success next year.

The coastal trail looks heavenly and I would likely have made a beeline there. I am particularly fond of the little hidden beach. Coastal paths never disappoint.

Alas, Bob, you have to come home and work off all that....

cake .

Oh, and was there any surf?

Good for you enjoying the best of what Guernsey has to offer, and safe return to you and Mrs. Bob. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your adventures for your travel log.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-08-2018, 08:46 PM

Thanks for your confidence Surfermom but I am fast realising that nothing is certain in the life of a sixty eight year old runner....

Unfortunately there wasn't much surf in Guernsey while I was there Surfermom, and the waters surrounding the channel islands are swarming with jagged, submerged rocks, and those rocks are responsible for many shipwrecks over the years. But Swimming, Kayaking, Rowing, Sailing and Scuba Diving are well represented around the shores of Guernsey.

There are still many things we have not seen and done in Guernsey, so a list has been compiled for next year....

Previous flights home have been later in the afternoon, so we were particularly pleased to be flying home this year at noon. A meal and catch up had been arranged with friends, and we would have plenty of time to visit home and freshen up...

We barely left the airport before shunting up behind a stationary queue of traffic that stretched to infinity. Having been a courier, hasty route planning was the name of the game, so I whipped out my 2011 edition of 'Collins Road Atlas' and we were soon driving unimpeded around some of England's lesser used roads, albeit a few miles out of our way.

All was going well until we had to join the M1 further North, hopefully past the congestion that was choking the motorway further South. After just a couple of miles the traffic was once again at a standstill, and there would be no alternative route this time. So we shuffled our way home, and a drive usually completed in one hour, finally ended up taking us over four hours. With no time to visit home, and having to meet our friends at the restaurant an hour late, we did eventually get some dinner.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Hi Foxy, I am glad you all enjoyed your holiday. I wish you hadn’t put that pic of the jam and cream cake on, as it looks delicious and l could just eat a slice now with a nice cup of tea!

Maybe, on second thoughts it wouldn’t be a good idea to eat it so late at night, as l would have nightmares!

Is your kitchen still standing? Only joking!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Foxy, I am glad you all enjoyed your holiday. I wish you hadn’t put that pic of the jam and cream cake on, as it looks delicious and l could just eat a slice now with a nice cup of tea!

Maybe, on second thoughts it wouldn’t be a good idea to eat it so late at night, as l would have nightmares!

Is your kitchen still standing? Only joking!!
Good morning Arty, it's good to see you here, I was thinking about renaming 'Bob's Bits' to the 'Marie Celeste'....Not many visitors this year....Whatever...
The cake was delicious Arty, I'm quite partial to a wedge of Victoria Sponge and a cup of tea...And yes, the kitchen is still in pristine condition as can be seen in this photograph I've just taken following my breakfast.

Mrs Fox has had to house sit this morning at her deceased father's old flat, just some final stuff to do before the new owners move in...So I'm in charge of the kitchen, that's why it looks so tidy... How are you keeping? I've not read much of you just lately except the topic you started recently. I always look forward to reading and commenting on your threads.... Keep up the good work Arty, I'm off for a look round the forum now and see what mischief I can get into........

Page 149 of 190 « First < 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top