Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Re: Where is your favorite walk ?

History and a walk at the same time , thats my kind of walk too. Many cathar ruins around here one of my favorites is Lastours
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...og&sa=N&tab=wi

Just down the road from me
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Hard to pick a favourite but today walked from Circular Quay past the Opera House round the Botanical Gardens to Mrs Macquaries Chair then up the the Art Gallery of NSW. It was a lovely day and the harbour was beautiful as always. If not my favourite walk certainly up there with the best.

Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Gosh the Sydney harbour walk is a hard one to beat - looks incredible.

I live in Somerset and have to say the walk from Webbers Post car park up and around Dunkery Deacon on Exmoor is pretty fantastic on a good day.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 07:53 AM

Some of the most moving walks we have had were around the War Memorials in France, The one,s at Vimy and Newfoundland in particular but our favourite, if, we have one must up to Orrest Head above Windermere.

http://where2walk.co.uk/lake_distric...ad-windermere/
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Along the Cliffs at Duncansby Head, you can see across to the Orkney Isles from there.. It's about a 25 minute drive to get there from our place.. The Pentland Firth can be as calm as a Mill Pond or wild and savage with massive waves crashing up the cliffs, i just love it there........so wild, rugged and lonely.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 04:52 PM

I used to love to walk along by the river in our village, then the farmer (Duchy of Cornwall land) put up a fence with a tiny gap in it. I complained to the Parish Council of which I was, and now he is a member. Lots of people walked their dogs, there it's beautiful. Anyway it was asked: who did I think I was & why do I think I can walk anywhere on his (tenant) land & I should get an ordinance survey map! Now I just have pavements to walk on! All the footpaths have styles that I can't climb & most of the roads haven't got pavements. I'm gonna have my ashes scattered there just for spite, when dead of course!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Dovedale on a quiet day takes some beating.
Moss
New Member!
NornIron
Moss is male 

10-04-2013, 08:35 PM

No Baggage,

Adobe Photoshop has a free download of 'Photoshop Elements' online at min. It has a great Pic reduction program and it's quick to set-up.

Moss
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario is my favourite place for hiking, camping, canoeing...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario is my favourite place for hiking, camping, canoeing...
What a beautiful place Sue ...... an ideal spot for camping etc

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top