Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:40 PM

This is why...

I never throw things away that I can use. I had an old black & rusty trunk outside my back door for a long time. I'm planning a shabby-chic look for my bedroom, when I get around to it. So I got some paint left over from the kitchen in my old house, some wrapping paper and all the bits of printed paper I had saved from making cards & boxes, I just have to give the inside a coat of thin yellow ochre acrylic paint to "age" it and varnish the whole thing, then it will give me incentive to get on with decorating my room! New home for my splendid hats!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Re: This is why...

Gorgeous !!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:57 PM

I'm really impressed with that Twiz .... well done!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:26 PM

Real transformation there. Well done
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Great piece of work Twiz, is there anything you can't do with them hands of yours, it's very unusual and original, terrific idea's you've got.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:49 PM

There's a few things I can't do Jem!!!

Play the piano...

I just have to make things or I'd go nuts, if they ever put me in a home, they'd better give me something to make or they'd have to sedate me!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:54 PM

They sell for a fortune in arty shops Twiz
Very good...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I'd never sell it Meg, but, I've often admired similar ones, I couldn't afford.
I bought it in a junk shop in Glastonbury originally for £10 so got a bargain! It just fits on the top of my wardrobe, have get daughter to put it up there though!
I'm looking at the wardrobe & chest of drawers & thinking, they need a make-over, but they're waxed pine, not sure how well paint will take on it, probably have to wash with sugar soap!
I wish I had the energy to do all these projects!

...another reason for finding a man!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 08:21 PM

Lovely - I like to have a project going, the last one was a creaky rocking chair bought from a charity shop. A bit of wood glue, a sanding down and varnishing and a couple of new cushions and it's now in the room my grandson has when he stays. He loves it, good job it had plenty of glue he can get a bit carried away, rocking at times!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 08:57 PM

Hi Twiz, you certainly have a talent that is alien to me. I just throw stuff away and buy another..............well done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top