Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

01-12-2014, 08:32 PM

Re: Air fresheners

I remember that my Grandpa used to have a tall hedge of lilacs all along the side of the driveway, which ran along side the house. The lilac smell got in through the windows, and it was wonderful. He was quite the gardener, and had varieties of roses, tulips, and other wonderful flowers.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
I remember that my Grandpa used to have a tall hedge of lilacs all along the side of the driveway, which ran along side the house. The lilac smell got in through the windows, and it was wonderful. He was quite the gardener, and had varieties of roses, tulips, and other wonderful flowers.
Sounds lovely. A nice natural air freshener
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:52 AM

I'm allergic to air fresheners and perfumes. I also believe they are quite harmful collections of chemicals, though back in the day I would breeze through the perfume counters sampling the wares (I was married in a dress and Givenchy III!). My nasal passages go into hypermode these days and I start wheezing away. Fortunately I am usually bunged up due to one allergy or another so can't tell how bad our doggy house smells! It's annoying though because I can't have scented fresh flowers in either.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:53 AM

Same here Rosie and the artificial ones are not good for anyone ......
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 12:48 PM

Do you find anything works Patsy? Zirtek is the only thing with me but I think it's only the same ingredients as in the Boots-own make which doesn't which suggests it may all be in the mind! (and the nose...)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Do you find anything works Patsy? Zirtek is the only thing with me but I think it's only the same ingredients as in the Boots-own make which doesn't which suggests it may all be in the mind! (and the nose...)
Well I've been looking for something for a very long time.
Recently purchased Zoflora disinfectant in 'Springtime', they have many options. I have put a capful in a spray bottle of water and sprayed the room, it is very pleasant, no adverse affect. Also a capful down the loo as suggested is nice also
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 04:49 PM

Not a fan of air fresheners.they can contain as many chemicals as cigarettes,around 24 and are thought to be possible causes of many ailments from insomnia,headaches and digestive problems to cancers.not worth it in my opinion.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-12-2014, 04:54 PM

True Jen
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 12:40 PM

No sprays or candles here, they make me cough. I use plug in's and they seem to be fine.
Emma27
New Member!
Manchester
Emma27 is female 

27-02-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I like my home to smell fresh and clean. I open the windows for fresh air, but like to top it up with scented candles, spray air fresheners and the likes. I like the Airwick automatic spray.

Open windows and doors, or smelly stuff folks?
I find scented candles work really well! I have three dogs and I don't notice but when my sister came round a while ago she pointed out that it smelt like my adorable dogs. Since then I have been using lots of lovely smelling candles and I think it has worked really well! =) They don't have to be the expensive ones either! =)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top