Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 09:07 PM

Publishing A Book On Amazon Kindle Direct

Has anyone done it?

I was about to have a bash, for fun, at uploading one of my ungreat unpublished manuscripts.
But I've just read the Tax & Royalties stuff.

You have to fill in a form for US Tax Exemption purposes, even if you're a UK citizen ... and give them your UK Tax Reference number or National Insurance number.
If you don't they take 30% out of any sale monies due to you and give it to the US IRS. (which you have to claim back from the IRS).

I must have got it wrong.
I really don't fancy telling Amazon details like that.

Anyone else done it?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 09:15 PM

Re: Publishing A Book On Amazon Kindle Direct

Glad you told that Morticia because I have been thinking of having one of my novels published on Amazon. Apparently you can get someone on the net who does it for you. I googled it.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 10:11 PM

You fill in a tax form to declare that you are a UK citizen and therefore exempt from US tax..No problem with that.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 10:14 PM

My husband has published eight (I think) books on Amazon. If you would like some advice on how to do it, the pros and cons, etc, send me a PM and I'll forward his email address to you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 11:27 PM

Ladies ... thanks very much for your replies.
I was hoping I'd got the wrong end of the stick ..... and all help and advice is gratefully accepted.
philwhiteland
Derbyshire, UK
philwhiteland is male  philwhiteland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 08:59 AM

What Cass said. It really is quite simple and it will be a shame if you don't try it
gentlydoesit
New Member!
uk
gentlydoesit is male 

12-10-2015, 10:40 PM

Publishing it is fairly straightforward, it's getting people to buy it that's the difficult part!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-10-2015, 10:59 PM

I shan't have that problem GDI ... I've binned the idea.

You can't get out of giving Amazon your National Insurance number .. and I aren't prepared to fill in their US Tax form.

I think it's called checkmate.

Have you got a FB account you could pop it on and give yourself a plug ? Or Twitter?
gentlydoesit
New Member!
uk
gentlydoesit is male 

12-10-2015, 11:10 PM

I never gave amazon my NI number. I didn't bother filling in the US tax form either as I didn't expect any US sales; if there are any the IRS is welcome to 30%. Don't bin the idea, I'm sure there's more than me looking forward to reading your book.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 08:07 AM

Well I think you are all very clever writing a book in the first place! I sometimes think I would write my life story but don't think any one would believe it was fact haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top