Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Re: Publishing A Book On Amazon Kindle Direct

Originally Posted by gentlydoesit ->
I never gave amazon my NI number. I didn't bother filling in the US tax form either as I didn't expect any US sales; if there are any the IRS is welcome to 30%. Don't bin the idea, I'm sure there's more than me looking forward to reading your book.
I hope you see this gentlydoesit ...as I tried to send you a PM but couldn't.

If you're ever intending to upload another book, be prepared, it looks like things have changed.

You have to fill in the US Tax Interview now or you can't publish.
I don't think it's even a case of whether you are bothered about applying for any exemption or not ... Amazon just insist on having your UK Personal Tax Reference Number for IRS purposes as a condition of publishing.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 11:16 PM

I looked at this once but quickly saw it was pointless. Amazon take a fair chunk of your earnings for hosting your work which makes the proposition . . . unattractive.

Anyone who tries this is having to complete with many thousands of other people competing for the same market share. As a result people are having to sell their work either for free (as loss leaders to try and create a following) or for stupid prices like 99p and so on. When Amazon take a good cut from that already tiny amount the whole thing is pointless.

The exception to this is if you really are a J K Rowling genius, but if you are in that camp, you'd be hooked up with a proper publisher and would be able to negotiate far better rates with Amazon.

A sad situation TBH which stifles creativity but that's the nature of capitalism.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 09:13 AM

I have published a book on Amazon for Kindle
I get all of the purchase price...no deductions !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Fair play to you Malcolm, what's it about?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Fair play to you Malcolm, what's it about?
It's a collection of short stories, but I won't say any more I don't want to be accused of advertising.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:35 AM

It's a collection of short stories, but I won't say any more I don't want to be accused of advertising.
Ah well done, you can't beat a good short story, I wish you continued success in you writings Malcolm.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

17-12-2015, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah well done, you can't beat a good short story, I wish you continued success in you writings Malcolm.
Thank you Jem .. you are very kind

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 03:38 PM

I suspect you are playing with sematics/terminology here because Amazon clearly have 2 options for kindle publishing, a 35% royalty or a 70% royalty

https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A29FL26OKE7R7B

Can you explain further ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:02 PM

After much faffing about ....
I got on with it and put my book on Amazon .... tis up there!
Loaded it this afternoon and it's just gone online.

No one ..just no one can burst my bubble tonight ...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

17-12-2015, 10:14 PM

Congratulations Morticia! Lovely going and I wish you all the luck, bubble away merrily.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top