Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Re: Publishing A Book On Amazon Kindle Direct

Ah thanks Jem It's a rubbish book ... but it's my rubbish and at least now I can say I did it!

There's another 4 books stashed in the back of the wardrobe. ... I shall be busy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 11:52 PM

Congratulations and well done, Morticia .... another star is born!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 01:07 AM

Well done Morticia.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Thanks Mags and Maursey .... I doubt I'll sell any but the achievement, for me, was in just getting it up there.

How are you getting on with your book Maursey? I remember you saying you were looking at other publishers.
I looked at a few, especially Nook Books ... but they too required this US Tax thing.

There doesn't seem to be any way around it.
If you don't mind filling in your Tax number the US Tax form on Amazon is otherwise quite straightforward.
Basically it just confirms your name, address, UK Citizenship and asks if you have ever earned any income in the US or carried on any trade or profession there.
At the end you are given a W-8 US Tax Exemption form to print off and keep.
It was easy enough for me to manage.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Thanks Mags and Maursey .... I doubt I'll sell any but the achievement, for me, was in just getting it up there.

How are you getting on with your book Maursey? I remember you saying you were looking at other publishers.
I looked at a few, especially Nook Books ... but they too required this US Tax thing.

There doesn't seem to be any way around it.
If you don't mind filling in your Tax number the US Tax form on Amazon is otherwise quite straightforward.
Basically it just confirms your name, address, UK Citizenship and asks if you have ever earned any income in the US or carried on any trade or profession there.
At the end you are given a W-8 US Tax Exemption form to print off and keep.
It was easy enough for me to manage.
Good job Morty,Now you can add Published to your resume.I have a couple of songs copyrighted the music business is so cutthroat you have too.Also I finely got patent pending status on my invention,after a year and a half,got my fingers crossed on that one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

18-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Oooerrr ... I'm impressed.
An invention?
Good luck with that DR .... you've got me all curious.
It's good to have a bash at things ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 06:11 PM

Well done Morticia! Wish I could get going and write mine! It's all up here *points to head* but it needs to get down there *points to laptop*.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

18-12-2015, 06:44 PM

Well get busy with it .... it's great fun and the days are gone when you had to sort of accept that it would never be published.

Kindle has changed all that and made it so much more fun to try.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top