Join for free
Page 199 of 370 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 299 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:25 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's amazing....

because when I'm on vacation I usually eat 10,000-15,000 calories a day.

I think you did just find, Bratti. I read somewhere that the average weight gain for people on vacation is about 7 pounds!

You might have actually gained some muscle and lost inches.

Errrm....?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:45 AM

There must be something in the cool Yorkshire air just lately Floydy, following your tough and enduring workout yesterday I went out bright and early this morning and knocked thirty seconds off my seasons best without really trying.... I guessed there was something special about this morning's run as I ran pain free and as frisky as a spring lamb!....

I danced over the leaves and branches that had blown down in yesterday's howling gale, and almost sprinted along the footpaths leading to the lane..

The lane was dry and people free as I hitched up my shorts and selected another gear..... I beat the 7:10 am Sheffield train to the crossing gates,
and strided safely over the track. With just a half mile left to go I gave it all I had, and arrived home as fresh as a daisy....Easy Peasy!...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Excellent turnout on your holiday Lion Queen...
I always consider that any exercise while on holiday is a bonus, you get to see things on foot that you would never see as you drive by, and your body will thank you for it later with a raging appetite and a good night's kip...

Don't worry about the weight gain LQ, the fact that you did all that walking and swimming means that your body is perfectly tuned and in great nick.... Keep up the good work...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:01 AM

Ah, well...I could never outrun a train. Excellent report, OGF!

I am thinking about you all having watched Windy.com, which gives me the best idea of the weather patterns your way. It is still blazing summer here, despite the late date, so I am still waiting until the last possible moment each day to run. Keeping the pace to beat the setting sun is a good, but not an easy challenge.

While there is nothing better than looking across the gulf at the late-day skies, these days, all I am doing is looking down. While I would say that this has a lot to do with avoiding tripping, which I can do with aplomb, there is a more unusual reason.

Because we did not have a freeze over the last summer, eggs of every imaginable species survived the new year. The result is that the beach is literally covered with thumbnail-sized holes, carefully crafted by even tinier luna crabs running in and out of each. Sometimes the beach appears to move with them.

After the BP oil spill that blackened our beaches, and a late season hurricane a few years ago, we went almost a year without seeing any wildlife. Any. Somehow in the smothering tar and days of floods, enough survived for the communities of animals to hang on and come back in greater numbers. To the people who live here, ever crab, every heron, every beach mouse is a miracle.

The result is that my last few outings have looked a little like hopscotch as I leaped and tiptoed, hopping at times, leaping side-to-side others. Over and around the delicate crabs scrambling sideways and camouflaged in the sand, past the one sea turtle nest that survived the tropical storm, I ran five miles. The bad news is that all that worried slowed me down more than a little. When I finally reached home, I was finally able to look up to see that I had four planets sparkling over the last of the crimson sunset.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Flippin heck Lion, wish I hadn't read that!
I ignored the rest of the post
hahaha, that made me laugh out loud even though you were crying, I'm cruel aren't I haha xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent turnout on your holiday Lion Queen...
I always consider that any exercise while on holiday is a bonus, you get to see things on foot that you would never see as you drive by, and your body will thank you for it later with a raging appetite and a good night's kip...

Don't worry about the weight gain LQ, the fact that you did all that walking and swimming means that your body is perfectly tuned and in great nick.... Keep up the good work...
thanks foxy, I've managed to get 3lb of the 4lb off since I came home, I wonder if I was retaining water with the heat and the flight? Possible I suppose.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This sort of thing happens to me, Lion Queen too. I can train really hard for weeks and then notice I've put weight on, which is disconcerting at times.
When you're on holiday though you do tend to drink more as it's very warm (presumably you went to a hot place?) and therefore those fruit drinks and even water will bloat you out slightly. However, it's only temporary and the most important thing is you enjoyed yourself and having the mental side enriched like that after being in the doom and gloom of Britain is extremely refreshing.

Well done on the exercise though. I'm afraid I intend to do absolutely no exercise at all when I go away in a couple of weeks' time, apart from a bit of splashing around.
Thanks Floydy. Do you get withdrawal whenyou don't exercise though?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2018, 10:02 PM

Sat on my backside playing fb games this evening I decided at 7.45pm to get up to the gym, it closes at 9pm so I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes cross trainer, 10 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes muscle work on my hips, they are the most horrible and out of proportion part of my body and I hate them, trying my best to tone them up. I'll always be flabby as I've lost a lot of weight but I do try LOL
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 02:26 PM

For sitting around, LQ you did a very find job of finishing up the day. You mentioned wanting to tone up your legs, and you are doing all the right things. I have found that leg weight is the last to go, so stay with it and you'll be surprised. I think you are doing really well - and it shows in your photos!

I ran first thing yesterday morning and had plans of doing the same today, but as it's currently raining dogs, cats...and rain, I am going to have to put it off until the sunset. The heat index is still well above 100F most of the day and since heat stroke is not my favorite way to spend a Saturday evening, those miles will have to wait.

Aerobic step in between with a full day of cleaning house....

Ho hum Saturday .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:56 PM

Just catching up with your posts in here, folks, and it's good to see that you are all keeping yourselves fit, healthy and active.

I've been busy with other things lately, so I've not been training too much, but that will change tomorrow when I'll be going into my final few sessions at the gym before my hols, which start soon. Therefore, I'll be easing off on the heavier stuff in favour of some higher (but not fast) reps on moderate (but not too light) weights - just enough to keep me toned enough to keep the excess weight off me before I go away.

I may not do much of a write-up for these few workouts as they will mostly be basic stuff leading up to my vacation. When I return I'll be adding the cardio for Fridays and Sundays for the winter "off season" as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Page 199 of 370 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 299 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top