Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 11:53 PM

Re: Carnival Time Is Here Again!

I'm amazed at carnivals and parades this time of year Tess, I thought it was a summer time thing. It must be freezing for those people on the floats when it's nearly zero at the moment?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm amazed at carnivals and parades this time of year Tess, I thought it was a summer time thing. It must be freezing for those people on the floats when it's nearly zero at the moment?
Yes some are half naked but friends who do it say the lights are very hot so they keep warm on one side! The ones who stand still get very stiff but the dancing ones seem to do ok!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes some are half naked but friends who do it say the lights are very hot so they keep warm on one side! The ones who stand still get very stiff but the dancing ones seem to do ok!

And which float will you be on?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 12:19 AM

You wouldn't get me on one of those things! Far too noisy and bright! They did have a Steampunk one last year apparently!
I'll stay home and watch on Points West!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought they were still there, last time I went past, but that was a long while ago.. The wicker man is still there though outside Glastonbury.
Are you going to Bridgwater?
Daughter who drives to Devon a lot says camels are gone.
Yes up to Bridgewater later,the camels disappeared some time ago.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top