Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 02:05 AM

Re: Fitted carpets or hard floors

My living room and dining room have a laminated floor, which I've fallen out with, and it was a good idea at the time but, with having pets it was easiest.

My hall and kitchen both have ceramic tiles so all hard flooring downstairs.

The three bedrooms are carpeted, but the bathroom has cork tiles.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 06:15 PM

I really don't like laminate floors (shudders), how can you sit on this kind of floor particularly in the winter, I just can't see what the attraction is.

Solid wood floors (not parquet) are lovely but they are hard work to keep looking nice and they really need good quality rugs to soften them a little.

I have carpets throughout except for the kitchen which has stone tiles, they are rough so none slip when wet and heaven to walk on with bare feet in hot weather .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2011, 08:06 PM

Oh a stone tile kitchen would be heaven indeed !
ruby
lancashire
ruby is female  ruby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Well mine (laminate) will be gone before this winter sets in. It looks nice in other peoples houses just too cold for me.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 10:05 PM

We have carpets in all the main rooms ceramic tiles in the kitchen and parquet floor in the hallway ...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Wow, how many Dogs do you actually have Mick? I thought I was bad when I had 6 Bobtails at the one time.....but you leave me at the Starting Post lol.
These are some of my Clan out on a Wood Walk.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 04:57 PM

That's a lot of dogs! What breed are they?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Look like Dulux doggies to me old english sheepdogs. Beautiful
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Correct. They are Old English Sheepdogs. Bobtails to us in the Breed. My Parents used to breed them and they were my playmates while my Sisters and I were growing up. I took over the Dogs and the Kennel Name about 20 Years ago, but I won't be breeding any more. This is Our Maggie with her last Litter.

moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Having just come back from visiting two of my doggy friends I have come to the conclusion that wooden floors, are much easier! One of my friends has stone flooring throughout the ground floor (even her tables are stone) it is cold but very practical, lovely in the hot summer though.

I have 5 dogs, soon to be 6, cream carpets just don't work!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top