Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:51 AM

Re: Do you exercise?

Hi, Lion Queen. Wonderful to hear that you are a swimmer. You will find good company here! Walking and swimming are sports that marry well together, and it's admirable that you have some goals. Welcome!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:33 PM

I swim up 3x a week ...between 30-50lengths all front crawl .....I also walk the dog ( border collie )at least once a day.....more depending on my partner's shifts.
I also do a very physical job as I'm a carpenter/joiner and I'm always moving/carrying/climbing/sawing/fixing etc but I contend work is NOT excercise in any true sense of the word!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I swim up 3x a week ...between 30-50lengths all front crawl .....I also walk the dog ( border collie )at least once a day.....more depending on my partner's shifts.
I also do a very physical job as I'm a carpenter/joiner and I'm always moving/carrying/climbing/sawing/fixing etc but I contend work is NOT excercise in any true sense of the word!
That's good going Moscow, especially in the crawl. I used to swim loads of lengths in the crawl many years ago, but I content myself with the Breaststroke these days...Although I still like to do every alternate length in the crawl. I suppose if I swam more often I could do a few more lengths although my style would leave a lot to be desired.

Well done Moscow, and we need you over on the Exercise and Fitness thread..
Here.....(Post Your Daily Exercise Routine)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I try to swim 3-4 times a week and I've started walking to aid my weightloss. I am a member of the gym but I only use the pool in there really. I keep thinking I should get my moneys worth and start using the gym too but I can't be arsed lol
Yep, what OGF just said.....Post Your Daily Exercise thread. Both of you. Pronto.....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's good going Moscow, especially in the crawl. I used to swim loads of lengths in the crawl many years ago, but I content myself with the Breaststroke these days...Although I still like to do every alternate length in the crawl. I suppose if I swam more often I could do a few more lengths although my style would leave a lot to be desired.

Well done Moscow, and we need you over on the Exercise and Fitness thread..
Here.....(Post Your Daily Exercise Routine)
Thank you OGF..

Tbh I swim because I enjoy it and the good feeling I get from it. It's almost as if I don't really see it as exercise and more as just something I do....therefore I don't worry about times or reps or any of that as I'm not particularly competitive. I simply go down the local pool....hope it's quiet and get in and do my thing!

Btw.....my 'style' won't win any awards......I'm not overly worried about that neither.

But as I say, It's about the feeling ( buzz) I get and that's why work can never be a substitute for exercise as I have NEVER got the same buzz from working hard!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, Lion Queen. Wonderful to hear that you are a swimmer. You will find good company here! Walking and swimming are sports that marry well together, and it's admirable that you have some goals. Welcome!
Thank you very much and pleased to meet you and all
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Thank you OGF..

Tbh I swim because I enjoy it and the good feeling I get from it. It's almost as if I don't really see it as exercise and more as just something I do....therefore I don't worry about times or reps or any of that as I'm not particularly competitive. I simply go down the local pool....hope it's quiet and get in and do my thing!

Btw.....my 'style' won't win any awards......I'm not overly worried about that neither.

But as I say, It's about the feeling ( buzz) I get and that's why work can never be a substitute for exercise as I have NEVER got the same buzz from working hard!
Swimming makes me feel good too, I can go in the pool feeling a bit sluggish but always come out feeling really good, its so good for the heart and lungs. I don't always feel like going but I push myself and always glad I did afterwards
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Swimming makes me feel good too, I can go in the pool feeling a bit sluggish but always come out feeling really good, its so good for the heart and lungs. I don't always feel like going but I push myself and always glad I did afterwards
Me too Lion Queen!
I sometimes feel like high fiving people in the changing rooms after!
But it's a hotel spa
So I don't want to scare people
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Me too Lion Queen!
I sometimes feel like high fiving people in the changing rooms after!
But it's a hotel spa
So I don't want to scare people
Rhian, I am curious....how is it that you are fortunate enough to to swim in a hotel spa regularly....do you pay for a pass of some sort?

Here's a high five from me .
watsonwillam
Australia
watsonwillam is male 

27-11-2018, 07:52 AM

From weight preparing to sound exercise programs, discover wellbeing and wellness data for a solid way of life.

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top