Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Re: Australian Flu Virus

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
This is a worry because I know that Artangel picked up what she thought was a cold just before Christmas. By Boxing day she felt really ill so called her doctor, and when I spoke to her 2 days ago she sounded really bad...... so bad that she hasn't felt up to signing in on the forum and even answering the phone is something she can't be bothered to do!
Her doctor is treating her for a bad chest infection.... but I always worry that those symptoms can also be flu.

"Get well soon Art"... just in case she looks in.
Oh dear I hope Art hasn't caught it there is a lot around here at the moment along with Noro virus ..
Get well soon Art....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 09:33 PM

It looks like we are going to be offered a new flu superjab next year....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...elderly-deaths
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Our neighbours . . . have spent most of the time being ill with flu symtoms.
All the family had flu vaccinations in UK quite some time ago.
Nuff said really.

The problems here are 2-fold.

1) The flu vaccine is pure bunkum and effectively doesn't help you avoid the flu. It helps approx. 1 in every 100 people, fact, peer-reviewed fact!

2) Those foolish enough to have the vaccine are at risk of then placing their whole defensive strategy on it. i.e. thinking they've had the vaccine so nothing to do but sit and wait to see what happens.

The second point there is of course fatal. Since the vaccine is practically useless people are at very severe risk of being unable to fight off the flu if they contract it.

What they should be doing is taking extra special actions to boost their immune systems during this winter period. Making special drinks, eating specific foods in order to maximise their body's defences.

Those who don't simply suffer, and tend to suffer badly.

It doesn't help of course that Christmas is a time when people are eating and drinking to excess. Lots of alcohol, and high intake of sugars from mince pies, chocolates and sweets. Things that damage the immune system.

Those who contract the flu in that state, and then start reaching for standard medical "solutions" like ibuprofen and paracetamols and capsules containing those ingredients, are putting themselves in dire jeopardy. Some could actually kill themselves in doing so imho.

Our health is OUR responsibility, no-one else's.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It looks like we are going to be offered a new flu superjab next year....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...elderly-deaths
It looks like it will only be the over 75s to start with Mags, the rest of us will still get the old one .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It looks like it will only be the over 75s to start with Mags, the rest of us will still get the old one .
Have to laugh really. The article clearly admits:

"after public health experts said the current jab had little effect on the elderly"

Yet there are still utter loonies on this forum who think the flu vaccine is of any use !

Truth is everyone should be suing the health service for fraudulently peddling this snake oil for so long.

But of course they are bullet proof. The USA passed laws such that vaccine producers can not be sued even if they damage your health ! go figure ! What a world we live in.

The article goes on to say :

"The injection used this year as part of the £100million winter vaccine campaign will be scrapped for those over 75 next winter and replaced with a new jab experts hope will prove more effective"

Interesting words. "Experts hope . . ." lmao !

Not, "a new jab that has been independently and scientifically tested to be effective" then . . .

The war on your health continues unabated it seems.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:30 PM

I have just spoken to Artangel, who is sounding a bit better... so it isn't flu!
She has managed to eat a roast beef dinner and tells me that it was delicious....and the first proper meal she has enjoyed since before Christmas.
Lets hope she will be back with us soon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:33 PM

I have only just seen this thread!
Me, the one who brags, ‘l’m never ill’, got an awful chest infection over Christmas. It wasn’t Flu, just a strain of something l wasn’t immune to! I always refuse the Flu injection too!
When l went to the doctors, she suggested a course of Steroids! I point blank refused!
‘No, l won’t take them, l don’t want a ‘Moon Face’! So she prescribed Amoxicillin.
Six days later, having missed out on a proper Christmas and New Year, l am starting to feel more like a humanoid again.
I’m going to start my Christmas now!!
Happy New Year!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Glad you are feeling better Art. I hope you soon feel back to full health. Some of these viruses are very unpleasant.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Glad you are feeling better Art. I hope you soon feel back to full health. Some of these viruses are very unpleasant.
Thank You! Clumsy. I’m such a ‘toughie’ really! Ha! .....I wasn’t saying that a Christmas!
Nurse Twink Nightingale was very good!

Thank You to everyone else who cared and sent good wishes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You! Clumsy. I’m such a ‘toughie’ really! Ha! .....I wasn’t saying that a Christmas!
Nurse Twink Nightingale was very good!

Thank You to everyone else who cared and sent good wishes.
Glad to see you are feeling better Art

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top