Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Sigh of relief!

Phoned Santander and they will waive the hefty charges due to be imposed. But I need to phone again by the end of the week to see if they are on their system, to be removed.

I am eligible, apparently, because this is the first time. Have to promise not to do it again.

With a huge plumbing bill on the cards, I can do without this £95 charge and nothing at the end of it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Re: Sigh of relief!

Jazzi, l am not sure why you’ve incurred huge charges? Maybe it has been mentioned in another thread and l haven’t seen it?

You seem to have been haemorrhaging money for a few weeks now on one thing and another, so l am assuming you’ve gone overdrawn?

I find December and January to be the worst months for outgoings, so much so, l am having to dip into my savings!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Phoned Santander and they will waive the hefty charges due to be imposed. But I need to phone again by the end of the week to see if they are on their system, to be removed.

I am eligible, apparently, because this is the first time. Have to promise not to do it again.

With a huge plumbing bill on the cards, I can do without this £95 charge and nothing at the end of it.

That must be a big relief to you, Jazzi.
It's horrible and very wearing when you get these problems, so glad it will be sorted.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, l am not sure why you’ve incurred huge charges? Maybe it has been mentioned in another thread and l haven’t seen it?

You seem to have been haemorrhaging money for a few weeks now on one thing and another, so l am assuming you’ve gone overdrawn?

I find December and January to be the worst months for outgoings, so much so, l am having to dip into my savings!
Might have put it either on Chit Chat or good morning.

I have a Santander account (opened after Mum died) which I use for online purchases. Only keep about £50/75 in there, and transfer funds from my usual Nationwide when getting low. I forgot to enter some debits in my cash book, and went overdrawn. So they intended an 'unauthorised overdraft fee' of £85, plus the £10 charge for the debit that caused it to go into the red. I asked about that when I phoned.

I pleaded with them to please waive the charges, as it was my first time, and they agreed.

Mum had the Santander account and put me on as joint holder. So when she died that account was closed, and I opened my own, and decided to just use it, as said, for online purchases.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Santander is Spanish owned I believe . Will they be pulling out when Brexit happens?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Santander is Spanish owned I believe . Will they be pulling out when Brexit happens?
I only really knew Santander, when it was Abbey National. I remember walking in there off the street with my husband (ex) to ask for a mortgage.
We had no savings with them but the mortgage was offered instantly to us!

When my ex partner sold his company, the money was to be paid by the solicitors into an account we had opened with Santander. The money was not in the account when it should have been, it had disappeared into cyberland. This was in 2007 when banks were having a bad time and some were going under.

We could not sleep with the worry but it was all sorted two days later.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Glad you got it sorted jazzi. We used to regularly use our overdraft facility but haven't for a couple of years but we've kept the account open with the facility open to us just in case. For some odd reason they have never charged us a penny to use it, I think it's a glitch but we aren't willing to tell them in case they withdraw it. Royal bank of Scotland.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top