Join for free
Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Re: tom daley and husband

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why is it being assumed that when these adopted children are growing up they will have no role models of the opposite sex?

Daley and his partner have no women in their lives?
A lesbian couple with young boys know no men who will have a good influence on growing boys?
Menstrual and hormonal issues cant be handled by a close 'auntie' in the family?
There are no mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers of these same sex parents??
These young children will have no cousins?

Come on!!

You were sort of agreeing with me ruthio that's why I didn't respond.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 12:57 PM

Jeeze!!..what a lot of outrage about two People waiting the birth of Their Baby ...They are BOTH the Natural Parents as it was Their sperm used to fertilise the egg...That's about as much as We know so far...I wish Them joy and happiness when the wee one is born..the end.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I may have misread the part talking about it but I thought they said it was a cisgender person doing the breast feeding. That's a person believes they are in their proper gender naturally so to breast feed would be a woman. All very confusing I think often they write to cause outrage and confusion.

Yes, you're probably right Julie - and it usually works.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I may have misread the part talking about it but I thought they said it was a cisgender person doing the breast feeding. That's a person believes they are in their proper gender naturally so to breast feed would be a woman. All very confusing I think often they write to cause outrage and confusion.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...astfeed-health

A 30-year-old transgender woman has been able to breastfeed her child, the first ever case of induced lactation in a transgender woman to be documented in academic literature.
Dr Reisman said the case has also attracted questions about whether men could now breastfeed. “That, implicitly, is saying that you see transgender women as cisgender men, which is transphobic,” she said.
I think I'm keeping up but I'm not sure .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Carol for your information Tom Daley is a high dive champion .
I feel sure he will be a good Dad as he was devoted to his own late father and his Mum is still young so will provide some Grandmotherly imput .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...astfeed-health

I think I'm keeping up but I'm not sure .....
Ah thanks omah I did misread it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why is it being assumed that when these adopted children are growing up they will have no role models of the opposite sex?

Daley and his partner have no women in their lives?
A lesbian couple with young boys know no men who will have a good influence on growing boys?
Menstrual and hormonal issues cant be handled by a close 'auntie' in the family?
There are no mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers of these same sex parents??
These young children will have no cousins?

Come on!!
My son had no male role models in the family. His father having left when he was twelve.

Plus I had no menstrual or hormonal discussions with anyone. I didn't know how babies were procreated or born and until my daughter was born, never handled or knew a baby.

We coped and are fairly normal with no hang-ups.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 02:44 PM

My mother never gave me any advice on anything much too embarrassed .
I am always amazed that she managed to have three children .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 03:31 PM

LIke I said in the beginning, I don't recall this fuss about Elton John adopting, and he appears to be doing a good job with his boys.

I do not agree with men being induced to breast feed at all though.
That is a step too far for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nor in mine Foxy.
In any case, perhaps if parents could bring themselves to discuss these things with their kids when young, perhaps schools wouldn't have had to take on the responsibility.

I didn't learn at school as I have said, and my parents didn't talk about things like that either, but I'm quite confident it hasn't done me any lasting harm!
Maybe schools would do better to teach them more about careers, managing finances/mortgages/savings and the dangers of drug taking than how to make babies?
Jolly good post Mups.....
It's not the schools job to teach stuff like that, in these days of 'Abuse and historical sex crimes' the schools, and teachers especially, are leaving themselves wide open to accusation from any child who feels hard done by. Many a good reputation has been ruined by false accusation.

How do people in the jungle and remote Africa, who have no education whatsoever learn about sex...It doesn't stop them having kids. A totally unnecessary subject in my opinion.

Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top