Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:04 PM

FAO Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe - you said you were disappointed that I did not like the look of your Bacon and Onion Pudding - so - I went back to the recipe and had another look. Decided to give it a try.

Having all the ingredients to hand - I weighed them out - then divided them in half.

Half I put together and steamed - exactly as the recipe required but did not like it at all. The suet pastry was stodge, reminded me of school dinners, and the texture of the bacon was unpleasant - rather slimy.

The second half I put together exactly to the recipe - but - this time I baked it gently in the oven - taking off the foil just 10 mins before the end of cooking time. The suet pastry was light and crisp, and the filling moist and delicious.
I will certainly make that version again - and thank you for the recipe.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Re: FAO Uncle Joe

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Uncle Joe - you said you were disappointed that I did not like the look of your Bacon and Onion Pudding - so - I went back to the recipe and had another look. Decided to give it a try.

Having all the ingredients to hand - I weighed them out - then divided them in half.

Half I put together and steamed - exactly as the recipe required but did not like it at all. The suet pastry was stodge, reminded me of school dinners, and the texture of the bacon was unpleasant - rather slimy.

The second half I put together exactly to the recipe - but - this time I baked it gently in the oven - taking off the foil just 10 mins before the end of cooking time. The suet pastry was light and crisp, and the filling moist and delicious.
I will certainly make that version again - and thank you for the recipe.

You're very welcome darlin' - but I still prefer the 'stodge' - good ol' rib stickers!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top