Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:00 AM

F.A.O. Realist

Hi Realist - opened the sauerkraut yesterday just to make sure it was OK for tonight. It is delicious - I am hooked!

Thank you so much for the recipe and your clear instructions.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:25 AM

Re: F.A.O. Realist

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hi Realist - opened the sauerkraut yesterday just to make sure it was OK for tonight. It is delicious - I am hooked!

Aye.....He's not a bad lad is he Tabby.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:27 AM

where is the recipe Tabby?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
where is the recipe Tabby?
This thread post16

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...ut#post1464939

Think I might try it!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 02:53 PM

That's great news Tabby. It's amazing hat can be created with a little bit of nothing really and it's very healthy.

My "recipe" was posted mid July so you've been fermenting for about 5-6 weeks I guess which is about right. It will get tangier the longer it is left.

I tend to take 1/2 the content of the jar out and put it in another container to keep in the fridge, whilst the other half carries on fermenting.

Next step then is to experiment with other recipes.

My ideal is to create the great Korean Kimchi's which are very famous. They have a more savoury flavour from shrimp paste and usually a degree of spicy heat from chilli.

There a recipe here but I haven't tried it yet

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...-kimchi-233839

Happy fermenting

Oh and where were the pics?!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Aye.....He's not a bad lad is he Tabby.....
Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This thread post16

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...ut#post1464939

Think I might try it!
Do - it is delicious! I had never tasted sauerkraut before - now i am hooked!

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That's great news Tabby. It's amazing hat can be created with a little bit of nothing really and it's very healthy.

My "recipe" was posted mid July so you've been fermenting for about 5-6 weeks I guess which is about right. It will get tangier the longer it is left.

I tend to take 1/2 the content of the jar out and put it in another container to keep in the fridge, whilst the other half carries on fermenting.

Next step then is to experiment with other recipes.

My ideal is to create the great Korean Kimchi's which are very famous. They have a more savoury flavour from shrimp paste and usually a degree of spicy heat from chilli.

There a recipe here but I haven't tried it yet

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...-kimchi-233839

Happy fermenting

Oh and where were the pics?!!!
Not enough left to carry on fermenting - everyone loved it! Will definitely be making some more - lightbulb moment - Christmas gifts !!

Sorry - forgot to take photos - will do next time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top