Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Long frocks & clubbing.

This is me with my friend Jean. Circa 1970's.
We used to go clubbing a lot - and always dressed up to the nines in our long frocks. (I had five)

Anybody else used to get dressed up & go clubbing?

Photo's optional.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Re: Long frocks & clubbing.

I have never been clubbing in my life, thank goodness, but have worn long frocks on a couple of occasions, including my wedding.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:21 AM

I was always out Clubbing at the Weekend with my pals, but no long dresses for moi, I am not tall and every time I tried one on it was way too long for me. I stuck with the mini length, besides I saw the mess my pals dresses got in during the Winter or if it rained, there was about 6inches of dirty wet dress at the bottom. I saw a Lassie almost break her neck wearing a long dress too, she caught her high heel in the hem and went flying. There were some beautiful dresses but not for me.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

08-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Fab picture Carol. I spent half my youth out clubbing and loved getting dolled up. Although I did have quite a few long dresses I preferred the mini with long plastic boots! Also remember when the Midi was all the rage. Sadly no pictures.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:31 AM

Ive had lots of long frocks over the years actually i bought one the other day to wear on a holiday later this year and I wore a casual one to an evening do at a wedding last year there's a photo in my profile album.

I wish I had kept some because fashion goes in circles doesn't it and I'm sure the ones I gave away would be back in fashion.....second thoughts...they wouldn't fit
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Whilst had to wear long dresses for certain functions I always preferred shorter dresses which are less restrictive for those 'lets hit the dance floor' nights.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:26 PM

I never went clubbing. I went to dances & posh do's though & wore evening dresses, but never long ones..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:30 PM

I never went clubbing, nor have I owned a long frock ... well, I'd have stuck out like a sore thumb amongst hairy bikers wouldn't I.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:33 PM

That's a nice picture of you Carol. Memories ey . .

Here's another one who never went clubbing.
As far as I can remember, the only long frock I ever had was my first wedding dress - a very long time ago now.

Didn't mean the photo to be so big, but couldn't get it smaller?

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:39 PM

Sad old pair aren't we Mups I went to my last disco aged 14. Got bored with them by then.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top