Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Recommendation/ tin opener

I don't open many tins but when I do I like an opener which actually works leaving both fingers and temper intact .

My tin opener of 30 years standing (cheap metal butterfly) sadly died and I tried numerous replacement including the 'MagiCan Opener' which was a disaster and after a couple of uses mysteriously 'melted' in the draw

I now have an OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener which I can thoroughly recommend

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OXO-Good-Gri...9452239&sr=8-1
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 12:31 AM

Re: Recommendation/ tin opener

Meg, what a coincidence! My old can opener which came here with me when I bought the house in '65 was due to be retired ... and I bought the exact OXO can opener you did! Glad to hear you like it; it's still in its box till I move.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 02:18 AM

I have an electric one as I was unable to replace my nice south paw one for ages then I bought the electric one and its great!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 07:58 AM

Meg, you cant beat the old Butterfy type, less things to go wrong with it but can be awkward if you have hand problems.

We have an electric one bt we rarely use it, prefer to stick to the old 40+year old one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Meg, you cant beat the old Butterfy type, less things to go wrong with it but can be awkward if you have hand problems.

We have an electric one bt we rarely use it, prefer to stick to the old 40+year old one.
AB have you bought one lately? Having had one for all those years I have had three recently bought from different places and for some reason they don't work, cheap imports I guess.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Meg, what a coincidence! My old can opener which came here with me when I bought the house in '65 was due to be retired ... and I bought the exact OXO can opener you did! Glad to hear you like it; it's still in its box till I move.
Hi Eileen I hope you find it good too...
Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I have an electric one as I was unable to replace my nice south paw one for ages then I bought the electric one and its great!
Cassie I don't use one very often so didn't want to lash out on an expensive electric one.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:19 AM

I've never really looked at ours until now, but it is quite old. It a Brabantia and I suppose is is a heavy duty version of a butterfly type. We must have had it 20 years and it's still going strong.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Eileen I hope you find it good too...

Cassie I don't use one very often so didn't want to lash out on an expensive electric one.
I only payed £12.99 for mine!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

02-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I only payed £12.99 for mine!
Cassie The Oxo cost £10. 70 so quality and value as well as something I can use when I need it most ,when the power goes off which happens a lot here in the winter.
The old one cost me 99p and lasted 30 years.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:25 PM

I used to live in Kidderminster in the 60s, up Bewdley Hill.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top