Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Re: Traditional 60w bulbs, the end in sight.

If worst comes to worst and you really really hate the new bulbs, you can still find them on US sites; worth paying the P & H overseas charges I'd think; bulbs aren't heavy ......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I got mine from the little hardware shop, they have plenty at the moment but this won't last long because production ceases in September.
I bought 12 bulbs of various sizes to add to my stock which should last a while.
Living alone I go in and out of rooms to fetch things and the light is only on for a few moments. It takes this long for some low energy bulbs to reach full power. I really don't need expensive long life bulbs in these rooms.
That's exactly where I got some from Meg-a hardware shop! One of my Sisters told me about it-I thought it had shut down some time ago. Managed to get 10, so should be ok for some time as I only have a reading lamp on livingroom and use the light in bathroom. Rest of rooms I wander in and out of in the dark....
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 09:46 PM

have a huge stock of bulbs the council gave out loads of the energy bulbs a few years ago and am still using them, they seem to work better these days and don't take so long to come on, they do seem to last longer here too
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:51 PM

I have installed four LED lamps in my kitchen and three in the utility room. Total wattage 8 watts and 6 watts. Instant light, no heat loss, and 10,000 hours life. They have already brought out lamps which will be compatible with dimmers...
Google and find out much much more
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:54 PM

But they are just not as bright as incandescent; not good for reading lamps! And in my experience they do NOT last as long as touted;less than incandescent. And what about chandeliers? Plus, they are downright ugly ......
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
They have already brought out lamps which will be compatible with dimmers...
Google and find out much much more
They are very expensive though so my sparks said it would be much better to replace the switches. Seems like a step backwards but its done now anyway.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

12-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Which brings to mind the quote that all change is not necessarily progress .....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Which brings to mind the quote that all change is not necessarily progress .....
Precisely !

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top