Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 09:25 PM

Whoops I didnt touch anything I shouldn't have!!!

I'd been on the pc throughout the day and had the tv on watching rubbish and I remembered I needed to iron the OH's tunic and trousers for tomorrow.. I did the tunic and one leg of the trousers and then suddenly the tv went off as did the pc Everything else in the house is working though. The iron had gone cooler too so im guessing the extension lead that id plugged into (although ive been using it for the laptop on & off for several weeks) or the wall socket have blown something causing just those 2 things to trip Grrrr so annoying.. OH will get home from work about 10pm and be huffing and faffing I expect.. or maybe he'll have a geek solution and solve it immediately lol I hope its the latter as it'll be another long day tomorrow with no tv or pc! I hope its just a fuse or something easy
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Re: Whoops I didnt touch anything I shouldn't have!!!

Oops! I hope your OH can sort it tonight, Cassie...
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Lol me too as he's up at 5am for another 14hr shift tomorrow so it'll be a long quiet day with no tv lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Lol me too as he's up at 5am for another 14hr shift tomorrow so it'll be a long quiet day with no tv lol
Oh dear ...... you may have to start knitting to pass the time away!
Cassie
West Wales

12-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Oh what joy!!!!! Its sorted!! The box of tricks under the stairs needed one of its buttons pressing! The extension lead is being held responsible
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-09-2011, 10:34 PM

What a relief!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 10:59 PM

Glad thats sorted out Cassie, thankfully it wasn't a power failure in your area, we had two blackouts so far tonight, one for half an hour and the last one ten minutes, the wind has died down now so I hope thats the last of them. I believe the Country areas are badly hit with power blackouts over here, it was really wild today, cables and trees down all over the place.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 02:14 AM

With just one or two outlets not working I assumed it was a blown fuse ... do you still have old fashioned fuse boxes? Or the more up-to-date circuit breakers? Anyhow, good that it's sorted. In my former house I soon learned not to use two or more things at the same time or it would blow a fuse.

Jem, glad your power's back. Was it off long?
Cassie
West Wales

13-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Ive no idea what we have!! Im left with the remainder of the ironing though so i'll relocate the iron to the kitchen untill the socket's been checked and the extension lead replaced
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 01:28 PM

It's the ironing wot done it -
Tis the work of the devil
We should all avoid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top