Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Re: Whoops I didnt touch anything I shouldn't have!!!

My motto: If it needs ironing, don't buy it ........
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
My motto: If it needs ironing, don't buy it ........
Lol I have to do OH's Nurse uniforms so he looks smart, I could never see him leave for work with creased tunics lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Oh you don't have a choice then, Cassie!. I think I was happier than my Dad when he retired, as I no longer had to iron his white long sleeved shirts ..... oh now I hated those shirts!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:42 PM

I don't mind ironing at all, I suppose you get used to it after a while and just take it in your stride
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
With just one or two outlets not working I assumed it was a blown fuse ... do you still have old fashioned fuse boxes? Or the more up-to-date circuit breakers? Anyhow, good that it's sorted. In my former house I soon learned not to use two or more things at the same time or it would blow a fuse.

Jem, glad your power's back. Was it off long?
Thankfully no Eileen, the first one was about an hour off then it came back on, the second break came about two and a half hours later, I happened to look out the window and a repair man was up the pole outside our house connecting a loose wire. I was looking up the horse racing cards when the computer blacked out, and it takes ages to come back on when that happens, otherwise there was not much inconvenience. none today thank God.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2011, 11:37 PM

Glad it's quieted down and back to normal, Jem. Mother Nature can put us in our insignificant place sometimes, can't she? We have our smart computers and wonderful internet, and it just takes a good storm and one loose wire , no electricity and we're back in the 15th century!

I keep plenty of candles on hand just in case ........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 11:50 PM

I think its very frightening how much we depend on electricity, talk about putting all our eggs in the one basket. After the big bang, the first fella who creeps out from under the rock with a candle will be made king. I have a big stock of candles on hand Eileen.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-09-2011, 01:43 AM

LOL, Jem; we also need to have enough matches or know how to start a fire with flintstones or rubbing sticks together!
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:18 AM

It is always a good idea to check the fuses first. Dont be affraid.
The button reset circuit breakers are easy, changing fuse wire a bit harder.
It is probably best to turn of the power at the fuse box before taking out fuses to examine or replace them.
Never put a larger amp wire than was originally in the fuse holder.

Finally, when a fuse goes it is usually the last thing that you used/plugged in, so if it goes agin disconnect that and keep working back. Sometimes just a light bulb blowing will cause modern dau fuses to "trip"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top