Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 10:43 PM

Heating on

I had to succumb to turning the central heating on this afternoon.......it was quite cold, yet still felt relatively mild outside.

Anyone else done the same?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Re: Heating on

I'm hoping to hold off putting ours on until October...
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm hoping to hold off putting ours on until October...
So was I Mags but I have to think of my Mum (83) who lives with us. She kept saying, "don't put heating on yet", but I know she feels the cold.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
So was I Mags but I have to think of my Mum (83) who lives with us. She kept saying, "don't put heating on yet", but I know she feels the cold.
Oh.... of course, sorry I forgot you had your mum with you. I hope she will feel snug and warm now...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 11:21 PM

I have a woolly blanket to cover me when I sit down on chilly evenings, no heating on here until October (though I was tempted to put it on today because it was gloomy) .
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

19-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh.... of course, sorry I forgot you had your mum with you. I hope she will feel snug and warm now...
They're funny aren't they? I saw her sitting in her chair with her arms folded - when asked why she was sitting like that, was she cold? she replied, "no, I feel comfortable sitting like this". When I told her I'd put the heating on, she just smiled with that contented look on her face.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 11:24 PM

I would have yesterday if I were still in my house........ took the hot water bottle to bed as I'm not in control of heat now .... although if that sounds a bit sad, I'm also not in charge pf paying the horrendous heating bills either!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

19-09-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
They're funny aren't they? I saw her sitting in her chair with her arms folded - when asked why she was sitting like that, was she cold? she replied, "no, I feel comfortable sitting like this". When I told her I'd put the heating on, she just smiled with that contented look on her face.
How sweet!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Ours gets turned on on the 1st November and turned off on the 30th April. IThe thermosat(in the hallway) is set at 14 degrees and stay like that all of the time. The walls heat up and retain the heat which saves money, much better than having a programmer switching it on and off all of the time, waste of heating.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 10:12 AM

We had to put the heating on over the weekend, it had got very cold. A good excuse as well as it aired the house out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top