Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 02:07 AM

I Has Searched

Well, I has. I has searched this forum as to where to post home-made stories and poems, but I sees nowhere I can do this as there's no section available, and I has studied long and hard to find a suitable place.

I'm sure there must be a lot of folk on here who have written their own poetry and stuff, but there's no appropriate place to put it.

I'd love to share my writings with the lovely folk on here, so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

This is such a brilliant forum with wonderful sections for all types of conversation, but no Literature section that we can post our own stuff in.

So, where does I do this please?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 03:17 AM

Re: I Has Searched

Hi Mollie - we used to have such a section, but it was pretty quiet... so we decided to merge it into the Leisure activities forum

But you can post them in General Chat if you don't want to post them there.

Hope that helps
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 08:45 AM

A thread for poetry, she sought
But her endeavours came to nought
Surely now, this cannot be
No space for creativity
This problem needs to be addressed
A place for thoughts to be expressed
But it seems, in idle chat
Where literary genius must be sat
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Here I sit
Brokenhearted
Because a section for poetry
Hasn't yet started....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Well, I has. I has searched this forum as to where to post home-made stories and poems, but I sees nowhere I can do this as there's no section available, and I has studied long and hard to find a suitable place.

I'm sure there must be a lot of folk on here who have written their own poetry and stuff, but there's no appropriate place to put it.

I'd love to share my writings with the lovely folk on here, so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

This is such a brilliant forum with wonderful sections for all types of conversation, but no Literature section that we can post our own stuff in.

So, where does I do this please?
Mollie there are already a number of stories written by members in the 'Leisure' section, here is a sample..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5901

and poetry ...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...155#post110155
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Here I sit
Brokenhearted
Because a section for poetry
Hasn't yet started....

Barry matey, you're misquoting. The true version of that poem can be found in many public toilets up and down the land.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Barry matey, you're misquoting. The true version of that poem can be found in many public toilets up and down the land.
I knew that sounded familiar Joe.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 11:51 AM

I didn't want to ask. Was he sitting comfortably, when he wrote that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Misquoted really well that just goes to show we do indeed have a poet amongst us
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Please ... I would love it if any budding poets or authors posted some of their work.

I love to read stuff like that and admire anyone brave enough to do so. It takes nerve to show everyone what you've penned.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top