Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Heated airer

I have just bought a heated clothes airer because we've recently moved into a smaller house and dont have a tumble dryer and a friend recommended these. Ive waited ages for it to be delivered and it arrived today. I set it up eagerly and....... it doesnt work.... What a disappointment, Ive now got to go through the bother or returning it and its not small.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Re: Heated airer

Wash small amounts of things and dry them on the airer in the kitchen at night when you are going to bed. I wouldnt have a tumble dryer they are too expensive to run and those heated airers are not much good and expensive.I spin my clothes again after the washer has finished and mostly they are dry in the morning.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:31 PM

Oh yes I know Clever Dick Annie!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Wash small amounts of things and dry them on the airer in the kitchen at night when you are going to bed. I wouldnt have a tumble dryer they are too expensive to run and those heated airers are not much good and expensive.I spin my clothes again after the washer has finished and mostly they are dry in the morning.
Annie I do pretty much the same. I used to have a huge wooden clothes horse almost as tall as myself but let it go in favour of a small one then wished I hadn't.

I now have one that opens out to make four sides and holds quite a lot .
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:00 PM

That's what I do, put the clothes horse in the spare room and open the window a snitch. I can't be bothered with all the socks and smalls so I sling them in the tumbler.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 05:24 PM

That's how I get mine dry in the winter ..... put everything on the clothes horse (airer) and it's usually dry by the morning and ready to iron.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 06:10 PM

I used to like those big wooden airers, these little metal ones leave marks on the clothes. We dont have a spare room and I hate the clothes hanging round in the lounge. Thats why I wanted the heated airer so I could put it in the conservatory and the heat would dry it overnight. Its too cold to dry alone, would take days. Ill just have to ring them next week and complain, see where it gets me, Im working three nights at the minute and dont have the energy to argue.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 06:17 PM

This is odd to have cropped up today.. Yesterday I came downstairs to search on our massive airer for a pair of socks I like to wear with my boots... they were still as wet as when they were hung there A hooded top of himselfs had a smell that wasn't my usual lovely fresh laundry and I stood there totally gutted. I removed the offending items for a re-wash and put everything else in a black bag and drove it to the launderette... £2 later I was out of there with a big black bag of dry clothes and happy Now I know I could have put the heating on but i'd not been in all the day before... it had rained solidly and there wasn't a sniff of sunshine.. so on occasions like this and for my towels and big thick stiff i'll be tootling off to the launderette where I can dry and and go and have a coffee while I wait
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 06:18 PM

The heated airer sounds just what you need DL, there's nothing worse than wet washing hanging about the place is there? Good luck with your replacement.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 07:09 PM

This is like the one I used to have nearly 5ft high..
http://www.retonthenet.co.uk/vintage...30s-2090-p.asp

Sadly they don't make these big ones anymore. I don't have a tumble drier, they use a lot of electricity so I wouldn't have one.

We had a large clothes horse at home when I was little and with a blanket over it doubled as a tent

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top