Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Re: Heated airer

Oh come on girl... Make your own, it would be easy, draw it and then buy the wood and make it, you will need some binding from a Hrdware shop.. and Bobs your uncle, infact you could make a few and sell them!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Oh come on girl... Make your own, it would be easy, draw it and then buy the wood and make it, you will need some binding from a Hrdware shop.. and Bobs your uncle, infact you could make a few and sell them!
Annie I will have to think about that one ..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 11:17 PM

I bet aitch could knock you one up in a jiffy?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 11:45 PM

It is a pain trying to dry washing in the winter months. I have an airer, but when that's not enough I drape some things over the radiators......not a good look, I agree, but I refuse to use the drier which is integrated with my washing machine, because it gobbles up electricity!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 09:37 AM

I discovered last night, when my daughter got in from work, that its not broken after all....... I just hadnt switched it on.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 10:36 AM

DL, I fitted a old fashion rack in the utility room for when the weather was to bad to put clothes outside.
Do as Annie does, a second spin, it does remove a lot more moisture.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
I discovered last night, when my daughter got in from work, that its not broken after all....... I just hadnt switched it on.
Senior Moment
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
very funny
I've never heard of an electric airer so going to look into it.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
It is a pain trying to dry washing in the winter months. I have an airer, but when that's not enough I drape some things over the radiators......not a good look, I agree, but I refuse to use the drier which is integrated with my washing machine, because it gobbles up electricity!
That's what I do as well Carmen. It takes a couple of days for clothes to dry on the airer even after they've gone through a fast spin. I only use the integrated dryer on towels as it makes them soft.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 03:29 PM

I have been putting them out on the line so far for a few hours then then bringing them in which has been working but its thinking about over winter with them saying we're going to have a really bad one. We had a spare room before and i just put the airer in front of the radiator in there but we just dont have room here with the house being so small.

My friend says she has used a heated airer for years and swears by it. It costs less than 3p an hour to use and you can use it to heat the room too which is good for me, it would save me having the heating on all over the house if its just me here. Worth a try anyway, especially now Ive found the "on" switch.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top