Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Re: Heated airer

I've been looking online at them and I really want one. I've also got a small house and its always been a problem in getting clothes dry. Did you get your's online?

In my last house I had a heated towel rail in the bathroom and used that which was ok and have been thinking of getting one installed in this house but now that I've found out about electric airers that's the way to go I think, so am really pleased that you forgot to plug it in as I would never have known about them
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Im not really known for being very sharp as my daughter delights in telling me. I cleaned my phone at work yesterday and put it on flight mode apparantly which I didnt even know existed. I was moaning and saying I was going to ring 02 and complain again about lack of service and the young lad I work with said "Youve got it on flight mode, didnt you see the little airplane at the top of the screen" Its not the doing it, its the pitying look as if to say " Silly old fool" that goes with it.

Er yes. Lakeland do them which is where my friend got hers and I was going to get mine but they are out of stock til November 24th. They do two or three different ones, I got the tower heated airer because you can get more on it. I put in google search and there was a Daily mirror offer on e bay which is where I got mine, exactly the same as Lakeland. Same price. There were some others but £10 dearer. It says if you put a duvet cover or sheet over it it dries twice as quickly too. It was £79.99 which compared to buying and running a tumble drier is really cheap.

Both our bedrooms are small too so no room there for airers, the conservatory is the only room to put it in and its so cold in there it would take a month of Sundays to dry on an ordinary airer.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 06:18 PM

Great thanks, I shall search on internet.

If it makes you feel any better I once thought my phone was out of order and reported a fault when in fact I had a 1571 message which is why it was bleeping, I felt a right charlie
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 06:39 PM

Im Just glad that the airer came yesterday and I was working last night, if it had been during the week. I would have rung and complained it didnt work. As it was my daughter texted me at work and said it does work, you hadnt switched it on. To be fair, the switch was under one of those soft rubber cover things and I had pressed it a few times and nothing happened and even after she told me it took a few attempts today to get it to come on. So I thought it was just a light not a switch.

As for the phone it did just go a couple of weeks ago and lost the signal and I rang to report it and got a very bored sounding girl on the line. I could just imagine her filing her nails while she was talking to me which is why I just assumed it had gone again, I really must stop and think before I ring and make myself look daft. Luckily both these things happened at the weekend this time and saved me.
marpaul
North Cumbria

06-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Actually that's easily done, about you thinking the rubber cover thing was not a switch, so will bear that in mind when I get one!

Its so embarassing though when you do silly things like that. I had a new kitchen earlier in the year and I told the guy who was fitting it that I didn't like the colour of the chimney hood which was blue whereas I thought it was stainless steel, he just looked at me... you know one of those looks and said its blue plastic to protect it, duh!! I'm so glad I mentioned it to him as I was going to phone Homebase to change it!!
Pabicus
Tayside, UK
Pabicus is male 

06-11-2011, 09:51 PM

I avoid the tumble drier if possible, its a real electricity guzzler. We have a clothes drier that takes a fair load of clothes and yes, they dry overnight, so a little and often is the maxim. Hooded tops are a pain. My daughter has a couple and although the rest of the garment dres, the damned hood is still that bit too damp to get away with the iron.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Its so embarassing though when you do silly things like that. I had a new kitchen earlier in the year and I told the guy who was fitting it that I didn't like the colour of the chimney hood which was blue whereas I thought it was stainless steel, he just looked at me... you know one of those looks and said its blue plastic to protect it, duh!! I'm so glad I mentioned it to him as I was going to phone Homebase to change it!!
Oh that's exactly what I thought with my st/st hood when I had my new kitchen

Originally Posted by Pabicus ->
I avoid the tumble drier if possible, its a real electricity guzzler. We have a clothes drier that takes a fair load of clothes and yes, they dry overnight, so a little and often is the maxim. Hooded tops are a pain. My daughter has a couple and although the rest of the garment dres, the damned hood is still that bit too damp to get away with the iron.
Yes, they are! I iron them anyway then stick them back over the clothes drier.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
I discovered last night, when my daughter got in from work, that its not broken after all....... I just hadnt switched it on.
Sorry Doglover, but that made me laugh...I've done daft things like myself
marpaul
North Cumbria

06-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Oh that's exactly what I thought with my st/st hood when I had my new kitchen
Glad its not just me then
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Oh yes I did it with the new cooker, dont like blue either, then noticed it was peeling, told Joe to report it, he looked and said its just plastic, take it off its to protect the stainless steel,oh yes theres a lot of us about.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top