Join for free
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Energy prices "cut" by 5% but read meters!

After increasing energy prices after last summer, most have dropped the price of either (not Both) electricity or gas by 5%.

Make sure you READ YOUR METER on the day of the drop and let your supplier know otherwise they will over-estimate the usage at the time of the price reduction and you will be overcharged. (Silly me, even at the reduced rates we are all being overcharged)

Around 20% of all energy bills is a "stealth tax" for government mandated "green" iniatives. They even add 5% Vat to this as well.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 03:07 PM

Re: Energy prices "cut" by 5% but read meters!

I signed a fixed price contract for two years last year with EON. Thought I was doing the right thing, as I did'nt expect prices to go down. As you say its only one of the supplies on offer. What a minefield it all is.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Re: Energy prices "cut" by 5% but read meters!

They have only gone down a bit!
You are still probably better off.
It is a minefield but something is being done at the usual snails pace the UK government goes at.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top