Join for free
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 07:53 PM

Property Taxes Reassessment?

Not sure where to put this as, but I will set it here.

Had a realstate agent in last night as I know I will be selling, but not sure when. Wanted to get an idea of what else I should to get it 'show worthy' and an idea of the listing price (so I could plan on my purchase pricing as I look). She was very, very helpful. She did mention that she though I have been paying too much in property tax (I've been here 7 years now) and suggested I look into reassessment. So, today I called and they directed me to their website and gave me the info I needed to set up and access the information and forms. Spent an hour 'trying' and good lord, I am just frustrated. Its all gobbolly goop to me! Why make things so difficult I ask? Couldn't make sense of it AT ALL. Signed out and will try tomorrow. Maybe.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Re: Property Taxes Reassessment?

Good luck with your future move Claire. Like you, I sometimes cannot get my head around info on the sites and where possible I print it all off and set it aside to read through later, away from the pc with a cup of tea and a pen in my hand. It seems to penetrate my brain easier that way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 11:02 PM

Claire I hope you can get a rebate if you have been overcharged.
Are you moving far ?
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 11:41 PM

I don't believe 'rebate' is in their vocabulary. I'm staying in this city even though its not the place I really like to be, but haven't come up with a better idea yet. I'm going to down size as I don't need this big house now that I only have one of the kids living here and she will be off in a year or 2 I'm sure. Want to cut back in the expense of 'living'. Listing won't be for a year I'm thinking so I got time to declutter and... at least once I want to park my vehicle in my over stuffed garage before leaving!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Sounds good Claire be careful with the de-cluttering , remember you are supposed to be taking things easy with your eyes ..
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada

26-01-2012, 12:32 AM

Oh if I could declutter quickly, I move on listing this spring but I know that won't happen!, so planning on spending this spring and summer doing the most of it. Spending one more Christmas here and then listing. Tha is if the market holds (I'd like it to improve even better). Need that crystal ball!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top