Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 11:36 AM

Re: name of paint?

Why not look for a patterned paint roller? So that as you put the paint on, it leaves a pattern.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:07 PM

When I was an apprentice I was sent to the stores for all sorts of paint, striped, chequered, tartan etc. etc....
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:11 PM

The reason I'm doing it is because the Council ripped out the Bathrooms in the homes here and totally redid them, new bath/shower, new washbasin and toilet. They repainted and papered and new flooring...all looked great untill a few months ago when the ceiling paper started to come down, I called them but was basicilly told....not our problem as it was done over a year ago and it's up to you now. I went in the other day and one of the strips was on the floor with the one next to it hanging on by it's edge. I decided I'd liked the look of the white textured paper that had been up there and decided to try and paint it with paint like that instead of repapering and having it down around my neck again at a later date.
I always open the window and have the extractor on when I shower so I don't think it was the moisture that caused this..Before it was redone there was white paint on the ceiling so the problem didn't arise.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
When I was an apprentice I was sent to the stores for all sorts of paint, striped, chequered, tartan etc. etc....
Oh Dear, I bet you were lol. An Apprentice would go through it in those days. My Ex was a Plumber and he had some stories to tell too lol.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 01:58 PM

Considering the issues your bathroom seems to be having i'd be inclined to go for a special bathroom/kitchen paint like someone's already mentioned
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 02:55 PM

...and put it on with a stipple roller

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top