Join for free
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Drains

Oh joy.

Just to add to other agonies of 1 exhaust kaput, 1 toothache (£400 quote from dentist) now our drain is blocked 10' from the road so our responsibility and not covered on insurance. Had one person out, turned up 2 hours late so was working in semi darkness for 40 mins before he gave up and drove off without saying a word. Phoned him next day and he said it wasn't worth coming back. Next out was 2 chaps from a water company, they tried with bigger drain rods and ascertained where the blockage was. Their advice was to get it sucked out with a tanker then jetted through. It's pretty deep down there so not a job for a novice like me with a pair of marigolds
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Re: Drains

Oh dear. Does Dynarod still exist ? They used to clear blocked drains. Otherwise its the good old yellow pages to find someone who will do it. Good luck
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 11:12 PM

Yes they do DL, and tbh they would've been my first port of call but other commitments for me meant my OH arranging it all for when he could be at home to 'supervise' and now 2 tries later not a lot of options left. it seems a tanker will be mega bucks so we might have to break out the marigolds after all at the weekend. I'm not adverse to getting stuck in but I'm on a tight schedule atm. Why do all these things happen at once?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 01:17 AM

That's a real pain, just what you need on top of everything else is a blocked drain! I've had somebody here to clear a blocked drain and after the rods failed he flushed water through which eventually cleared the blockage, relief

Its a pain that the guys who've been out to you haven't been able to sort it out, good luck with the marigolds, I don't envy you

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top