Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mysticmog
New Member!
Sheffield
Mysticmog is female 

05-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Jigsaws - like them?

I love jigsaws and sometimes get them from car boot sales etc. My friend and I thought of setting up a jigsaw swop or something. Also thought about setting up a company where you can hire them by post, but not sure how many people enjoy jigsaws.

Do you like jigsaws? Would you pay to have them sent to you? It would be nice to get some pocket money to buy more jigsaws
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Re: Jigsaws - like them?

no never like them I would sooner make things crafts
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 12:36 PM

I use to do a lot of jigsaws and would swop them with neighbours and friends. There was always a sense of achievement at finishing one...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Hi Helen and welcome I used to love Jigsaws and we always used to have 'one on the go'. I still have a number in the loft.

I certainly couldn't be bothered with hiring or posting them back. There are plenty to be had in charity shops and on ebay. Also I need to have something to buy when I am stuck for presents for my grandchildren, when they are bigger we will do them together..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Hello Helen, nice to meet you.
I'm a jigsaw fan - winter only, I have them bought for me as xmas presents..so I wouldn't swap mine. No, I wouldn't hire one either just can't see the point, not with all the fuss of posting them back.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Love them had heaps when we were growing up. I use a Site called Big Jig on Lena Games, it's great being able to save the Puzzle and not have to try and use the Table without moving any of the Pieces. lol
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 06:43 PM

I like jigsaw. I only buy them when they are on offer. So don't pay more than about 3 or 4 pounds for one.
I have periods when I do them for a while. Then put them in the loft. To be done again many years later. Grandchildren tried to help me with one last time I done one. It was a 1000 piece one. They are a little young yet for that amount. But they do 100 piece ones.
I could not be bothered hiring or posting jigsaw.

Welcome to the forum Helen, hope you like it here.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 06:47 PM

We do a lot of jigsaws over the winter and have around 20 or so stored in a dresser cupboard. We no longer bother buying new ones though, but just recycle what we have, after all it's not the picture that's important but the puzzle, and that is pretty much the same every time we do them again, which works out to be every two to three years or so...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 09:03 PM

I wouldn't have the patience to do one but my mum loved them, really difficult ones and there was usually one partly done on the dining table, it was a regular thing for her to just lay the cloth over the top before meals and for us kids to have our plates wobble about
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Hello Helen and welcome

I love doing jigsaws - never enough room on the dining table to keep them there, so I do them online. Might try the one Roxy suggested too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top