Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:03 PM

Re: Hitler, was he a genius ?

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
The question was , and I suspect nobody has read the original link. Was Hitler a brilliant caring family man who raised Germany from being a poverty ridden basket case into one of the greatest nations on earth in five years , brilliant or not. Sure as heck if true he made our present "call me Dave" look a total muppet.
Also if you read it, he had the same values in life a Corbyn and we know how posters just adore Corbyn, so they must adore Hilters values when he was made Chancellor.
He took a country from nothing to everything.
You make a good point there, but I would add that Hitler mesmerized his people with a false hope and a false reality and a false message. I would also add, that the importance of any nation in the world is its staying power. Hitler put Germany on the map for a brief period in history and that brief status was that of a message he left for posterity of total destruction and evil. For that, Hitler was no genius, but a complete failure
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
You make a good point there, but I would add that Hitler mesmerized his people with a false hope and a false reality and a false message. I would also add, that the importance of any nation in the world is its staying power. Hitler put Germany on the map for a brief period in history and that brief status was that of a message he left for posterity of total destruction and evil. For that, Hitler was no genius, but a complete failure
That is just the spin of a coin. Chances are if WE had not declared war on Germany, the USA would never have entered the war and Germany would have walked through Russia with ease.
Then Europe would have seen the greatest and most efficient bonding of countries on earth.
Most like Japan and Germany may have later walked through the USA and you would have been part of it.
However the USA never even knew they had been in a war, going straight into growth and prosperity, while Europe struggled for years in poverty, rebuilding and debt to the USA.
All off the topic, which was how Germany rose from the Ashes to a Superpower in just s few years.
Will Trump manage this?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
That is just the spin of a coin. Chances are if WE had not declared war on Germany, the USA would never have entered the war and Germany would have walked through Russia with ease.
Then Europe would have seen the greatest and most efficient bonding of countries on earth.
Most like Japan and Germany may have later walked through the USA and you would have been part of it.
However the USA never even knew they had been in a war, going straight into growth and prosperity, while Europe struggled for years in poverty, rebuilding and debt to the USA.
All off the topic, which was how Germany rose from the Ashes to a Superpower in just s few years.
Will Trump manage this?
I am not to keen on history, so you may have the upper hand there. But again, if history needs to be looked at, like lets say the Romans or the Egyptians, they had a staying power in history for hundreds of years as an Empire and a Nation. Hitler tried to emulate that kind of Empire but in the end failed.

True what you say thst Hitler changed Germany, but also destroyed it not only economically, but morally. I think you and I see history differently in its wake on Germany and the Germany Hitler left behind
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:40 PM

He was evil incarnate and any "positive" qualities of his are rendered completely irrelevant in light of that fact.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cam ->
He was evil incarnate and any "positive" qualities of his are rendered completely irrelevant in light of that fact.
Only for those who have no wish to learn.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Adolf Hitler himself was not particularly interested in economic theory. His speeches of the 1920s contained almost no reference to economic policy, other than vague statements about ceasing reparations payments and restoring German industry. Once in power, Hitler played little part in formulating policy or contributing to German economic recovery. He instead relied on a group of advisors, some of whom were non-Nazis, to form policy in line with his broad goals. One of these advisors was Hjalmar Schacht, a former member of the German Democratic Party (DDP) who had been president of the Reichsbank during the late 1920s. Another important figure was Robert Ley, who was put in charge of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront (the DAF, or ‘German Labour Front’) which co-ordinated Germany’s workforce. Together these men implemented economic reforms which achieved impressive results, at least on the surface. By 1938 however Germany was running short of oil and raw materials such as iron-ore. Hitler began to look to expansion in the East to a) seize resources and b) Putin like to distract the public from economic shortages by war. Note Germany's export industries suffered a decline under the Nazis.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 09:55 PM

To suggest that Hitler was a genius is an insult.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 10:18 PM

He was a twat, if he was a genius he was still a twat.

His only redeeming feature was the lack of a pulse.

I apologise in advance if my language causes offence.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
He was a twat, if he was a genius he was still a twat.

His only redeeming feature was the lack of a pulse.

I apologise in advance if my language causes offence.
An erudite observation.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 11:11 PM

I refuse to share my knowledge of him, he's not worthy of consideration.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top