Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 03:11 PM

EU Success Stories

Other than Germany, which member state has blossomed by being in the EU?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Re: EU Success Stories

Er ..well ... well theres ..... um .....
Hmmmm - cant think of one
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 08:07 PM

Me neither. I was reading on a forum today that asked that question and it turned out that other than Germany, no-one else could think of a single country that isn't worse off being Europe!
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

19-05-2013, 01:37 AM

Belgium? - don't trust forums!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2013, 12:22 PM

I'm just intrigued as to how many countries have actually benefitted from being in the EU. If we are going to have a referendum, it would be nice to have some facts on which to base a proper opinion. It was stated that Greece, Spain and Italy have all fared worse since joining and possibly due to:

'The EU was doing just fine, until it decided to swallow up all those central and eastern European countries.
The EU and in-turn single Euro currency grew too quickly and too fast.
They still haven't learnt their lesson with former Yogoslav nations set to join the EU in the next 2 years.
Western European nations increasingly look at the EU with resentment as our taxpayers pay more and more towards the EU budget, receiving little reward whilst eastern bloc countries enjoy handsomely at our expense.

I remember that day Poland was admitted into the EU and Tony Blair gave his speech in Warsaw; "the EU should be a super-power not super-state". . . guess they ignored him. *sigh* '

(taken from http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....needs-britain/ )

I tend to have more faith in forums as the arguments become balanced out by argument/counter-argument and somewhere in the middle lies the truth! Politicians and those with a vested interest in the continuance of anything, I never trust.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
A lot of Muslim trouble there ..
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

20-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
A lot of Muslim trouble there ..
that's why they're staying in !
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
Trust me Brussells isn't at all like you think, it is so bad, that my daughter who lives there, brings her car home on the ferry, and goes back with goods, filled to the gunnels, because it is cheaper here.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Trust me Brussells isn't at all like you think, it is so bad, that my daughter who lives there, brings her car home on the ferry, and goes back with goods, filled to the gunnels, because it is cheaper here.

Arthur matey - Q.E.D. - haven't you just proved yet another reason to come out of Europe???
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 06:18 PM

Not really Geoff, there are cheaper places to shop in the EU, I was just pointing out, that Brussels is not cheap, because I know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top