Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Heating options

Thanks very much. Makes sense.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Heating options

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I haven't, sorry.

But I would like to remind you that no electrical heating system can output more heat per Watt than any other; all are 100% efficient at converting electricity into heat.
That means that each and every unit of electricity you use will generate the same amount of heat.

What differs is how the heat is used, be it radiant or by convection.
Storage heating for example may have more-efficient storage mechanism in some types BUT the amount of heat released will be the same in between recharging; the way the heat is released may differ slightly.

Basically (although many are convinced by supposed "superior" systems of one form or another) you are in effect paying usually a great deal more for a fancy style but gain absolutely nothing in terms of efficiency.

A Watt will always be a Watt.
You can't stretch it or shrink it, not by storage or by using a fancy element or by anything else.
That is basic physics.

The only way to get more for lower energy cost is to invest in a heat pump - often in the form of ground source heat pumps:
https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/grou...k-aMDCm2N7jZ6X

I read somewhere that you can only have so many heat pumps per
area Zaphod?? For instance if everybody in a city had a heat pump
then the efficiency would drop to near zero??
Is this a fact?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top