Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 08:34 PM

Re: Anybody seen Barmier ???

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I read that you're logging off but I felt that I should reply, and who knows? You may read this another time.

You don't understand my belief that the EU would rather sacrifice their own citizens rather than amicably seek a deal?
Well for a start, not agreeing a basic trade deal will harm many thousands of EU employees across a number of countries, and Germany is likely to be worst-hit.

I say this because anything interrupting the free movement of goods and the imposition of tariffs will cause a decrease in trade, obviously at the expense of jobs.
The big problem for the EU is that the UK can source replacement trade where it wishes; it is far more problematic for a ponderous union to effect the change required to both source and sell elsewhere than the current options.

As for the EU spending time & negotiating the WA - surely you see that this works both ways?
Not only that but here in the UK we saw not only a dismissive and often derogatory tone taken by the EU at the same time that (it strongly appears) some of our own politicians were actively colluding with the EU in an attempt to deny voters their Brexit.

As an example: there was nothing amicable about the EU dictating the manner in which Brexit would progress, insisting upon a withdrawal agreement before discussing the practicalities like trade.
That's what led to the difficulties we all face now as time is running out and the fault lays purely and simply with the EU and our own devious politicians of the time - but the 2019 election proved the British public's determination and at the same time rid us of many of these devious politicians.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that - if there eventually is no deal between the UK and the EU - the WA will remain in force.
The likelihood is that the UK would annul it completely, and there is much written about this to suggest it to be entirely feasible and completely within the laaw.

Then you should consider the very real possibility of the UK suing the EU for not acting in good faith regarding Brexit, and this has the very real possibility of becoming a very huge sum which the EU would be obliged to pay the UK.

I hope that provides food for thought since, I assure you, this is a very likely outcome for the EU should a deal with the UK not be reached.
In years to come, how highly do you think your average EU citizen would regard the EU after seeing not only many thousands of jobs lost across the union but in addition a compensatory payment of many billions of Euros being paid to the UK purely because of a few EU politician's and their deliberate attempted persecution of a former member state?
Well Zaphod, you have said all that l wished to say to many numbers?
You have covered all the main points as to why we voted the way
we did?? Good post!!
I expect our friend has logged off to meet with Solash as the time
is nigh now, and their anxiety is tangible!!
Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I read that you're logging off but I felt that I should reply, and who knows? You may read this another time.

You don't understand my belief that the EU would rather sacrifice their own citizens rather than amicably seek a deal?
Well for a start, not agreeing a basic trade deal will harm many thousands of EU employees across a number of countries, and Germany is likely to be worst-hit.

I say this because anything interrupting the free movement of goods and the imposition of tariffs will cause a decrease in trade, obviously at the expense of jobs.
The big problem for the EU is that the UK can source replacement trade where it wishes; it is far more problematic for a ponderous union to effect the change required to both source and sell elsewhere than the current options.

As for the EU spending time & negotiating the WA - surely you see that this works both ways?
Not only that but here in the UK we saw not only a dismissive and often derogatory tone taken by the EU at the same time that (it strongly appears) some of our own politicians were actively colluding with the EU in an attempt to deny voters their Brexit.

As an example: there was nothing amicable about the EU dictating the manner in which Brexit would progress, insisting upon a withdrawal agreement before discussing the practicalities like trade.
That's what led to the difficulties we all face now as time is running out and the fault lays purely and simply with the EU and our own devious politicians of the time - but the 2019 election proved the British public's determination and at the same time rid us of many of these devious politicians.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that - if there eventually is no deal between the UK and the EU - the WA will remain in force.
The likelihood is that the UK would annul it completely, and there is much written about this to suggest it to be entirely feasible and completely within the laaw.

Then you should consider the very real possibility of the UK suing the EU for not acting in good faith regarding Brexit, and this has the very real possibility of becoming a very huge sum which the EU would be obliged to pay the UK.

I hope that provides food for thought since, I assure you, this is a very likely outcome for the EU should a deal with the UK not be reached.
In years to come, how highly do you think your average EU citizen would regard the EU after seeing not only many thousands of jobs lost across the union but in addition a compensatory payment of many billions of Euros being paid to the UK purely because of a few EU politician's and their deliberate attempted persecution of a former member state?
Hi Zaphod,
somehow I was sure you would be answering my post when I said that I not quite understood everything. That is why I checked back.

I must admit that I had to look up quite some words which you used as I am writing by far the poorest English of all posting members here. I treasure the chance to learn some new words that way.

Thanks again for taking the effort of writing so much to explain your position for me. Being no lawyer or a legal expert I cannot imagine how likely it is to sue the EU for not negotiating in good faith. However it is an interesting thought. This could keep layẃyers busy for years I guess. The allegations could and would probably be reversed by the EU. You are probably right, all that will happen.

You mentiond frequent EUs dismissive and derogatory tone towards the UK which I am not aware of. Could you kindly provide examples for that? There is next to no news in the German press about Brexit meanwhile so I would like so see/hear that offensive tone myself.

Furthermore you mentioned the EU insisting on a WA before negotiating the future relations. At that time my interest in Brexit was very low therefore I am not aware of that. I am going to do some research on that.

Concerning the perception of the EU by averge citizens you could again be right when you say, the perception might not be too high while jobs were lost. That would be very sad of course.
On the other hand, and here I think you agree with me, I like the thought of having and keeping principles/red lines by both parties.

It is a problem which is not easy to solve, stick to red lines for the sake of unity or giving up some principles for the sake of trade and jobs. If I only had more confidence in the politicians who are seeking the decisions...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 10:51 PM

Hi

The EU have run rings round the UK.

A great disappointment to me.

I would give them nothing and Boris has signed a deal even worse than May's.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well Zaphod, you have said all that l wished to say to many numbers?
You have covered all the main points as to why we voted the way
we did?? Good post!!
I expect our friend has logged off to meet with Solash as the time
is nigh now, and their anxiety is tangible!!
Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Well to meet with "Solash" would mean traveling to another country. Highly unlikely. He seems to have been successfully driven away from this forum which I regret. I liked the way how he usually presented URLs to prove his statements and he seemed to be very well informed.

Nevertheless the tone between some of the members including him became too agressive and unfriendly and insulting for my taste.
For example "you don't even know where you were born" was posted at him. That is why I lost my interest in this forum.

That leaves only one single opinion in this Brexit forum I guess. In my personal perception it is mostly about malicious joy when each bit of information is interpreted as if it was to harm the EUs.

Personally I have been trying to be calm and businesslike in this forum and I hope that nobody felt insulted by anything i wrote. It would have been unintentional by me.

However, I do feel some slight anxiety that there might be a deal at the end. You are right about that. And you must have a very vigilant perception If you read that from my posts. Not bad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
There is an excuse for you JBR ?
You have phobia about amphibians !!
Perhaps you should attend counseling sessions?? 😁😁
The truth is that, of all EU countries (or 'member states') the only one which consistently acts against the UK in any way it can, and has done throughout history, is France.

That is the reason why I am very happy to visit, trade with, and buy the products of every EU country with that one exception.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Personally I have been trying to be calm and businesslike in this forum and I hope that nobody felt insulted by anything i wrote. It would have been unintentional by me.

However, I do feel some slight anxiety that there might be a deal at the end. You are right about that. And you must have a very vigilant perception If you read that from my posts. Not bad.
For my part, I cannot think of anything that you have written which could be thought of as being insulting. As for Solash (since you mention him) I do not interact with him as I find nothing he posts to be of any interest to me.

I should not be upset if a trade deal is struck with the EU as, purely in my own interest, it would save me over £2000 in buying a new Golf!

However, any trade deal definitely must NOT include our handing over any of our rights as an independent nation.

Those which the EU dictators are insisting on at the moment include our right to support and subsidise our own businesses to make them competitive with other European businesses. They claim that such subsidising is against their rules, yet the Frogs do it without any criticism!

Another demand which they include in their Brexit discussions is the right for their fishermen to continue to plunder our legal fishing areas as they have done for 40 years. Strangely, they didn't make any such demand of the Canadians!

Then there is their insistence (not sure if they have dropped this now?) that Northern Ireland must be treated separately from the rest of the UK with regard to trade. I wonder what their reaction would be if we made a comparable insistence on having full control over our trade with Normandy!

I hope that you can see why many of us Brits regard the EU as being demanding and dictatorial.
Germany

30-10-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
For my part, I cannot think of anything that you have written which could be thought of as being insulting. As for Solash (since you mention him) I do not interact with him as I find nothing he posts to be of any interest to me.

I should not be upset if a trade deal is struck with the EU as, purely in my own interest, it would save me over £2000 in buying a new Golf!

However, any trade deal definitely must NOT include our handing over any of our rights as an independent nation.

Those which the EU dictators are insisting on at the moment include our right to support and subsidise our own businesses to make them competitive with other European businesses. They claim that such subsidising is against their rules, yet the Frogs do it without any criticism!

Another demand which they include in their Brexit discussions is the right for their fishermen to continue to plunder our legal fishing areas as they have done for 40 years. Strangely, they didn't make any such demand of the Canadians!

Then there is their insistence (not sure if they have dropped this now?) that Northern Ireland must be treated separately from the rest of the UK with regard to trade. I wonder what their reaction would be if we made a comparable insistence on having full control over our trade with Normandy!

I hope that you can see why many of us Brits regard the EU as being demanding and dictatorial.
Glad to know that I do not accidentially insult someone when I am posting.

You have some interesting points there. I will not dispute your argument that the EUs position can be seen as demanding and dictatorial. In my view many regulations were built by people merely to justify their existance as well-paid servants on the EU payroll. Regulations like the "EU style" shape of a cucumber or a banana are rediculous of course. Years ago there was a report in a German newspaper about an EU wide "cable car regulation" which had to be implemented in all German states. If it was not implemented there was a daily fee of 750.000 Euros. In "Brandenburg" for example the highest elevation was if I remember correctly 60 or 90 meters and there is not a single cable car in Brandenburg. Still the regulation had to be implemented. Things like that are annoying to most people here and they should be reformed. But how?

I mentioned earlier that my mind has changed during the last weeks. In my perception the rejection of the EU among the UK is so vast that meanwhile I wish that there is no deal in november.

Let some time pass, maybe some years to make both parties calm down and get rid of all that anger. After a while chances could be better to sit together and negotiate. Do you agree?

About your Golf: I drove some interesting cars in Asia. My interest in cars is nearly none but I found those cars in Asia very good. i would drive one of them if it was sold in Germany.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-10-2020, 12:20 AM

In "Brandenburg" for example the highest elevation was if I remember correctly 60 or 90 meters and there is not a single cable car in Brandenburg. Still the regulation had to be implemented. Things like that are annoying to most people here and they should be reformed. But how?
Simple. Remove all the additional and unnecessary bureaucrats. Leave the EU!

I have every confidence that Germany would be more than able to not only survive, but also to flourish as an independent and sovereign state, just as we shall become. You don't need all of those overpaid and incompetent dictators in Brussels. They're holding you back!
Germany

31-10-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Simple. Remove all the additional and unnecessary bureaucrats. Leave the EU!

I have every confidence that Germany would be more than able to not only survive, but also to flourish as an independent and sovereign state, just as we shall become. You don't need all of those overpaid and incompetent dictators in Brussels. They're holding you back!
Hm, I am not so sure about that flourishing. Besides that is not what I have in mind because I personally would prefer to modify the EU instead of leaving it.

However removing or exchanging overpaid bureaucrats might be unfeasible. Maybe if Germany, France and Italy threatend the EU to leave and so enforced some reforms... probably also unlikely.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-10-2020, 12:48 AM

Hm, I am not so sure about that flourishing. Besides that is not what I have in mind because I personally would prefer to modify the EU instead of leaving it.

However removing or exchanging overpaid bureaucrats might be unfeasible. Maybe if Germany, France and Italy threatend the EU to leave and so enforced some reforms... probably also unlikely.
Well, the ball is in your court!

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top