Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Re: Coronavirus: US FDA authorises use of anti-viral drug Remdesivir

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't understand how China lodging a patent affects the US. Can anyone explain how one affects the other? It's not like the world operates one global legal system is it. I reckon this news story is a non story. I predict any laws hindering this particular situation will be ripped up in nation states. Patents won't apply if that causes an obstruction.

This would be more relevant if the key ingredient in the medication is only sourced in China.

Exactly so. The world will totally ignore any patent by China. If China dares to demand patent rights for any cure, perhaps the world will finally come to its senses and universally boycott all goods from China. Then let China stew in its own juices.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 01:07 AM

Re: Coronavirus: US FDA authorises use of anti-viral drug Remdesivir

Covid: US gives full approval for antiviral remdesivir drug

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54654635

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Veklury, the drug's brand name, cut the recovery time on average by five days during clinical trials.

"Veklury is the first treatment for COVID-19 to receive FDA approval," the FDA said in a statement.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said last week remdesivir had little to no effect on patients' survival..

The WHO said this was based on its own study - but the drug's manufacturer Gilead rejected the findings of the trial.
Remdesivir had been authorised for emergency use only in the US since May.

It was recently given to President Donald Trump after he tested positive for Covid-19. He has since recovered.
You pays your money and you takes your choice .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top