Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:45 PM

Re: COVID-19 ONS Infection Survey

I've just rang up the freephone number,( 0800 085 6807) to register. It took about 5 minutes to get through. They ask for the reference number on the sheet you were sent, then name , address, telephone number, landline & mobile. The upshot is, they will call you back in about 3 weeks, to arrange the first visit. So, we will await further developments!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 11:55 AM

Any developments .....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Any developments .....
Nope, still awaiting the call.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by john ->
nope, still awaiting the call.
ok .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-10-2020, 12:53 PM

Coronavirus infections still rising rapidly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54567867

Coronavirus infections are continuing to rise rapidly, with an estimated 27,900 new cases a day in England, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) says. This is a 60% increase on the previous week, based on a survey of people in households with or without symptoms.

This figure is far higher than the number of confirmed cases announced by the government each day. It comes as the highest level of restrictions are introduced in more of the UK.

The increase in people testing positive in recent weeks is being driven by high rates in older teenagers and young adults, the ONS survey says.

The north west, the north east, Yorkshire and the Humber are also seeing steep increases in infection rates.
The figures estimate that 1 in 160 people in England had the virus in the week to 8 October.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:28 PM

Hi

The system is stupid.

I am banned from taking part as I am on Anti Coagulants.

I get tested every time I go into hospital.

I also have to take a test before I go into Hospital for routine proceedures.

I am quite capable of testing myself.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-10-2020, 03:29 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54659029

Coronavirus infections continue to rise across the UK, according to the latest data from the Office for National Statistics.

It estimates cases have risen by a quarter to more than 35,200 a day in England.

Infection rates have been highest among older teenagers and young adults in recent weeks.
It comes as stricter rules come into force for millions more people across the UK.

Around 1 in 130 people you might meet in the street in England had coronavirus in the week to 16 October, data from the ONS infection survey suggests. This compares with 1 in 180 in Wales and Scotland, and 1 in 100 in Northern Ireland.

The highest levels of the virus continue to be in the north-west and north-east of England.

Meanwhile, the R number has decreased slightly and is now estimated to be between 1.2 and 1.4. That means every 10 people with the virus pass it on to 12 or 14 others, on average.

The ONS figures are based on a survey of people in random households whether they have symptoms or not, giving one of the most accurate pictures of the epidemic.

Although cases are still rising, they suggest a slight slowing in the rate of growth of infections since the previous week's survey.
At that current rate of infection there will be another 2,100,000 infections by yearend .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 03:33 PM

My son is working for the ONS delivering and collecting the tests.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

02-03-2021, 01:01 AM

I have just had a call this evening from some bloke asking if he could call to see me tomorrow about the survey. Having heard nothing from this organisation since last November, I asked him why there had been no contact with me since. He said he had just received my details, and that was all he knew. A bit of a shambles if you ask me, particularly since then, I've done an online blood test, and had the Pfizer vaccination. I told him I was no longer interested in taking part, sod the vouchers and all that!Has anyone else done this survey at all?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I have just had a call this evening from some bloke asking if he could call to see me tomorrow about the survey. Having heard nothing from this organisation since last November, I asked him why there had been no contact with me since. He said he had just received my details, and that was all he knew. A bit of a shambles if you ask me, particularly since then, I've done an online blood test, and had the Pfizer vaccination. I told him I was no longer interested in taking part, sod the vouchers and all that!Has anyone else done this survey at all?
Is this the survey which pays you £25 to take a test?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top